Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with front door

• 23-01-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi everyone i adjusted my upvc front door because it was catching on the floor.
    so thats fine (shudnt have done this)but sprayed wd40 into the rollers and now there stuck-from looking around online i think i just cleared any grease that was there so what can i do now?????:(

the handle will not go up now so cant lock the door:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Never use WD40 is not a lube its a penatrating fluid for unseizing things however when it dries it dries out the mechanism.

You need to get more oil in. As its an emergency i would suggest you temp use vegtable oil. However long term use silicone spray grease available from a motor factors.

To get the veg oil in i would use a washing up liquid bottle to squart it in. You will need to put down a cloth and it will run off.

Even when you free it later there will be still run off so the cloth will have to be change.

Do not saturate totally. Squart about a table spoon into each roller. Give it a while then work the handle. You should only need to do this twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yashio

i think its worse than i thought
    think its broken altogether
    just wont free up with the oil .......

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yashio

ok update i think i need a new gearbox case now,anyone know where i would get one not too pricey???

Advertisement