Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live - getting timed out

• 23-01-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys im trying to sort my dads Live problem, since he changed to eircom he is getting timed out of xbox live, he gets roughly 50min gaming then it goes, this happens both when connected wireless and ethernet. i thought it may be the piece of crap Eircom router so we switched to the sitecom one we have (wl-606) and we have the same issue, i hear i should increase a timeout setting on the router but which one?? No other problems NAT is open and the games are never laggy just consistently getting booted :mad:

Any help would be appreciated, networking was never my forte

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Have UPC now but I had this problem when I was with Eircom,think you need to set the re-authentication timer from whatever its currently at up to 9999 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Have UPC now but I had this problem when I was with Eircom,think you need to set the re-authentication timer from whatever its currently at up to 9999 seconds.

not sure i have this setting :confused:
    heres all i can see, i know different routers are worded differently
    sitecom.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Anyone? this is getting annoying, am i better off buying an old Netopia router??

Advertisement