Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for grinds?

• 23-01-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

In 6th year, and never done grinds at all. But I want to make sure I don't waste the year and end up with a crap Leaving Cert.

Can anyone advise me where are the best places to go to get grinds? I'm particularly looking at, French (H), Economics (H) and possibly Business (H) but not sure if I really do need grinds in Business.

Definitely need the help in French and Economics would be a good idea too I think.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

There is a certain place on Leason street which will gladly take money off you. They have a good rep for handing you answers but you really are signing up for extra classes.

From personal experience one-on-one or groups of no more than four people are the way to go about it. If you have a good relationship with your teachers, ask them if they know anybody to give you extra help, chances are they do from college/teacher training.

If you don't, look around supermarket boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

Depends on what part of the country you're in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Hey...... If you are in cork pm me I know good places for both French and economics .........

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Definitely get grinds for French and make sure it's from someone with a good history with other pupils. I was dire at French midway through 6th year and eventually got a higher grade than people who really were better than me because the grinds teacher focused on the exam and I was prepared.

Had a terrible business teacher and grinds really helped. Nail your understanding of the ratios and pick up the easy marks.

And the best grinds for economics is reading a newspaper as it's all about current affairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

shamtastic wrote: »
    Had a terrible business teacher and grinds really helped. Nail your understanding of the ratios and pick up the easy marks.

Off-topic but; Are the ratios a guaranteed question?

• Advertisement
Advertisement