Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerts in Thomond

• 23-01-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear any rumours of any concerts/football matches etc being planned for Thomond Park this summer? I really hope they get something in there but I haven't heard of anything announced yet!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Christ talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel, I suppose its Jedward for July so :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

wouldnt be into them either but think that will be packed.
    Hopefully the do something else with some decent act.Would love to see Bruce Springsteen myself but probably unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Love to see Brucie as well but unlikely to happen I'd say.

Metallica perhaps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Please let there be one decent band there this summer and not more pop/hip hop ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I've heard from somebody who actually works there that Britney Spears is being worked on very hard to get. Whether it happens or not i don't know. That was a few months ago i heard that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

bon jovi or byran adams undoubtful tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

who the hell is jls:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They're a boy-band. I think they were on one of the talent shows last year or the year before. Paint-by-numbers, faux-r'n'b/pop for teenage girls, basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Neil Young/Tom Petty/Bruce Springsteen. I'd even settle for a rock band that I'm not a huge fan of, would still be a good day out. They've booked their pop band, now look after us older folk pls :pac:

• Advertisement

Would love to see Tom Petty in Thomond Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ffs, more pop drivel, Foo Fighters, Muse, Green Day, fcking ANYTHING in some way a rock band please. If jls play here River Island better buy in extra stock of cardigans and hats worn at jaunty angles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Do you think the Saw Doctors would be able to fill it or is it a bit big??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

alan1990 wrote: »

A bit big I'd say!

Springsteen would be amazing. I'd probably go to Bryan Adams too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got the Munster Rugby club email. WOW JLS AND Oly Murs. WOW, I nearly wet myself.

Seriously, is that what passes for excitement by Thomond Park. Get some real acts..................:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Berty wrote: »
    Got the Munster Rugby club email. WOW JLS AND Oly Murs. WOW, I nearly wet myself.

Seriously, is that what passes for excitement by Thomond Park. Get some real acts..................:(

much agreed :)

I think they have to make up for that horror-show with something like Springsteen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

alan1990 wrote: »

I'm surprised JerryHandBag hasn't shot you down for even suggesting that!

Nah, it'd be far too big. They'd get 3,000 at a push.

Springsteen pretty, pretty please!! I'd love Jackson Brown but would he sell that big a venue?
    I wouldn't say no to Bon Jovi either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I like to see Chase & Status

mars bar wrote: »
    I'm surprised JerryHandBag hasn't shot you down for even suggesting that!

Nah, it'd be far too big. They'd get 3,000 at a push.

I'd rather see the Saw Doctors in Thomond than some pop band ****e, there I said it!! :P

At least they can play instruments and write songs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd rather see the Saw Doctors in Thomond than some pop band ****e, there I said it!! :P

At least they can play instruments and write songs!

I somehow feel this is a personal victory! :P

mars bar wrote: »
    I somehow feel this is a personal victory! :P

See I have to be nice to you cos your a United fan! :D

Anyone here go to Bob Dylan last year? Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Bob dylan last year was the worst live music event i have ever been at it was awful. The support bands were excellent and david gray was bareable but Dylan was rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Mc Love wrote: »
    I like to see Chase & Status

+1

Would love that - saw some of a live performance that they did in London on Channel 4 the other day and my God! It was a mental, the crowd was nuts! Mosh-pits ahoy:D Don't think they would suit a stadium though, and they wouldn't be popular enough to fill it.

It's all the one, because Aiken promotions will never get anything decent like that for Thomond Park. All we will get is chart shit, or middle-of-the-road, middle-aged-peoples music (Elton John etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Went to see Pink last yr it was a fab concert, disappointed with JLS tho.

Was hoping for someone/anyone else.....
    My niece is thrilled tho think she's planning on going

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sioda wrote: »
    Bob dylan last year was the worst live music event i have ever been at it was awful. The support bands were excellent and david gray was bareable but Dylan was rubbish

This sums it up nicely.

The only thing I'd add is that Dylan's band were pretty good, but his own performance took so much away from that. The highlight of his show was when he smiled about half-way through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

sioda wrote: »
    This sums it up nicely.

The only thing I'd add is that Dylan's band were pretty good, but his own performance took so much away from that. The highlight of his show was when he smiled about half-way through...

The lack of a decent crowd didn't really help either

True! Tickets didn't sell at all. They even moved the stage to the centre of the pitch and rotated it 90 degrees (as opposed to having it in front of the far goal-posts) to make the place seem fuller. Shame!

Dylan's concerts are not for casual fans with a greatest hits CD. He has been performing like that for a long long time now. Saying that Thomond Park was the wrong venue for Dylan, as a lot of people that go to the gigs there are casual gig goers.

It was my second time seeing Dylan and I had a blast, as did the group of people I was with. We knew what to expect though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

RonMexico wrote: »
    Dylan's concerts are not for casual fans with a greatest hits CD. He has been performing like that for a long long time now. Saying that Thomond Park was the wrong venue for Dylan, as a lot of people that go to the gigs there are casual gig goers.

It was my second time seeing Dylan and I had a blast, as did the group of people I was with. We knew what to expect though.

That's true alrite,I think I was expecting something else, I guess alot of people were.The setup was terrible,it's a pity there isnt a larger venue than Dolans in the city.

Wasnt there talk of a place on Henry Street?

Advertisement