Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24mb exchange upgrade?

Options
  • 23-01-2011 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom,

Can someone please tell me when the KILLALOE exchange will be 24MB enabled. It is already NGB enabled, but only for 8mb at present. I was told by someone on the phone that it was due to be 24MB enabled very soon...

Just wondering could someone find out when please?

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

i live in carlow. can anyone tell me is 24mb available here as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

anoble66 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

Can someone please tell me when the KILLALOE exchange will be 24MB enabled. It is already NGB enabled, but only for 8mb at present. I was told by someone on the phone that it was due to be 24MB enabled very soon...

Just wondering could someone find out when please?

thank you

Hi anoble66,

I checked and there is mo indication date for the KILLALOE exchange in Clare to be enabled for 24MB as yet I am afraid.

If and when the situation changes I will let you know.

Thanks, Mark

i live in carlow. can anyone tell me is 24mb available here as well?

Hi bluefirefly,

The Carlow exchange does have 24MB capability but each line must have a mimimum bandwidth of 10MB to avail of the 24MB upgrade. If you DM your telephone number I can check the line for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Thanks for checking that out for me Mark.

Hi anoble66,

I checked and there is mo indication date for the KILLALOE exchange in Clare to be enabled for 24MB as yet I am afraid.

If and when the situation changes I will let you know.

Thanks, Mark

anoble66 wrote: »
    Thanks for checking that out for me Mark.

Hi anoble66,

No problem:)

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

Hi, I'm also on the KILLALOE exchange what is the upload speed of the 8MB NGB?

murphman wrote: »
    Hi, I'm also on the KILLALOE exchange what is the upload speed of the 8MB NGB?

Hi murphman,

If you go to:

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/speedtest

It has all the NGB upload/download info.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 17 theangrypotato

@Mark, I currently don't have a phone connection so the speed test link can't help me but could you tell me if the Enniscorthy exchange can cater for 24mb? I know it can handle 8mb NGB.

Cheers

@Mark, I currently don't have a phone connection so the speed test link can't help me but could you tell me if the Enniscorthy exchange can cater for 24mb? I know it can handle 8mb NGB.

Cheers

Hi theangrypotato,

The Enniscorthy exchange in Wexford is 24MB / ADSL 2 ready, however a line needs to be capable of 9MB or above to qualify for the 24MB package.

So a line needs to be connected and subsequently tested for broadband before we can advise which packages are available at an address.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement