Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving texts that rob me of credit.

Options
  • 23-01-2011 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Since Christmas I have been receiving texts from a company called skill2thrill.com and afterwards I noticed that my credit has gone down. I never sign up for these kinds of things and I can't even figure out how to unsubscribe. There doesn't seem to be an option to reply STOP or anything. I'm pissed off.:mad:

Any clue as to what my options are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

if you contact your network they should be able to tell you who is taking the money. they are usually able to provide contact details then too for you to call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Cool thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Celtic3x

contact Regtel,this is the irish government body that deals with such issues.
    They will get in touch with this company an stop the messege's.

Lo Call 1890 229668 *Calls to 1890 numbers from landlines are charged at a local call rate, charges from mobile phones may vary depending on your operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

First step is to reply STOP to the message. Do not send anything in your text except the four letters "STOP". The service provider is not allowed to charge you for this message, and must stop the service once they receive it.

If that doesn't work, contact your network operator, ask them to block the number, and refund you for the message(s) you got after you sent the "STOP".

If they continued to charge you, report the service provider to Comreg, who now have responsibility for Premium SMS in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Celtic3x wrote: »
    contact Regtel,this is the irish government body that deals with such issues.
    They will get in touch with this company an stop the messege's.

Lo Call 1890 229668 *Calls to 1890 numbers from landlines are charged at a local call rate, charges from mobile phones may vary depending on your operator.

+353 1 8049600 is a cheaper number to ring.
    saynoto1890.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Haven't had a chance to fix this yet and just received another text. Topped up by €10 credit over the weekend, made 1 short call, and now my credit is nearly gone. My balance earlier today was slightly over €5, now having received another text it is €1.13.

Now here is where I am puzzled. I tried to reply STOP to the text but my phone won't allow me. Looking at it again, instead of a phone number it says WAP service with a link as the body of the message.

:mad::mad::mad:

I think I'll just call into the O2 shop during the week. Hate talking to their customer service on the phone.

Advertisement