Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Dave Mustaine on Twitter.
    I'm excited to be auditioning one of my final picks for my new guitarist today.
    One more week! Load in for the next record starts 3/17. So pumped!!

Megadeth Facebook page let slip the identity of the drummer doing the sessions for the new album

11062734_10152621230757330_3965804643010813570_n.jpg?oh=f312b21662eaeffe6ee0a103e16249bb&oe=5571D074

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

The worst kept secret in metal has now been officially confirmed by Megadeth:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-lamb-of-gods-chris-adler-to-guest-on-new-megadeth-studio-album/

Hopefully he can inject some metal back into the "hard rock crossover" band known as Megadeth. SuperCollider was poor to say the least.

Adler will slay the drumming on for the new album, i just pity whoever has to play his tracks live, and it was the worst kept secret - Then again in this day and age of social media, it's to be expected that someone would let the cat out of the bag eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Adler will slay the drumming on for the new album, i just pity whoever has to play his tracks live.....

STEVEN ADLER is drumming on the new Megadeth album! Has Mustaine gone INSANE! :P
    KikoLoureiro-DaveMustaine.jpg

Without doubt this is likely a promotional still from the metal remake of Brokeback Mountain

Now that Dave has the line-up sorted, let's hope album #15 will be far superior than Super Collider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Now that Dave has the line-up sorted, let's hope album #15 will be far superior than Super Collider.

Shouldn't be that hard to better super collider in fairness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DragonKhan

Dave at it again... Nick Menza offered peanuts to rejoin the band but declined

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Megadeth are a pretty big band, I'd say you'd be able to get by on 'peanuts'

There probably are a load of drummers who'd be delighted to get the same opportunity

Didn't Menza's greed contribute to his exit from the band in the first place

• Advertisement

Megadeth are a pretty big band, I'd say you'd be able to get by on 'peanuts'

There probably are a load of drummers who'd be delighted to get the same opportunity

Didn't Menza's greed contribute to his exit from the band in the first place

I bet he was offered the same that any newbie would be offered. He was an integral part of the bands most successful period and deserves to be treated as an equal. Mustaine blocking his emails and changing his phone number is just ridiculous

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

DragonKhan wrote: »
    Mustaine blocking his emails and changing his phone number is just ridiculous

Menza comes across as a f*cking eejit, so it's hard to know how true that is, Mustaine said in his book that he was always looking for more money.

Like it or not Mustaine is Megadeth, Menza wasn't interested so he went elsewhere, he is a great drummer but the band can continue without him.

Two or three tours with Megadeth on 'peanuts' and I imagine he'd be financially secure, it's not as if he'd be better off on the dole.

Everybody knows Megadeth are a revolving door type of band, no matters who comes & goes.

Menza comes across as a f*cking eejit, so it's hard to know how true that is, Mustaine said in his book that he was always looking for more money.

Like it or not Mustaine is Megadeth, Menza wasn't interested so he went elsewhere, he is a great drummer but the band can continue without him.

Two or three tours with Megadeth on 'peanuts' and I imagine he'd be financially secure, it's not as if he'd be better off on the dole.

Ah that's not the point though. Dave is Megadeth but Nick was their best drummer (yes better than Samuleson IMO) and is seen as ex Megadeth Drummer Nick Menza. Dave has said a lot of things over the years and then gone and said the exact opposite a couple of years later

Ah that's not the point though. Dave is Megadeth but Nick was their best drummer (yes better than Samuleson IMO) and is seen as ex Megadeth Drummer Nick Menza.

He managed to shoehorn a plug for his new book which 90 percent of it will probably be spent on the Megadeth days.

It doesn't matter if he was their best drummer or not, the band functioned before him and it functioned after him, it would have been great if he returned but it wasn't to be and the band will move on.

As I said before Menza comes across as an eejit and I think he's talking through his hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Rooting about in the attic..

IMG_20150408_170224.jpg

Dave Fanning talking to Dave Ellefson, I can't remember if the interview took place the 8th or 9th of May, 1988. Full interview. Clear as a bell.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Rooting about in the attic..

IMG_20150408_170224.jpg

Dave Fanning talking to Dave Ellefson, I can't remember if the interview took place the 8th or 9th of May, 1988. Full interview. Clear as a bell.

Jayzus! I remember that interview. Can you stick it up on Youtube or Soundcloud for the sake of nostalgia.

I will indeed. Give me a few days and I'll bump the thread.

Dave Fanning was on form I thought, the interview was varied and he seemed to have done his work, regarding metal and the inter band rivalries, or perceived rivalries..

Going back to the Chris Adler / drummer thing. With all due respect to Chris, this lad is currently looking for a stool!

I'd imagine he could inject some much needed "va-voom" into the mix!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwyPY_7yT2U

Well i'm sure when the time comes to go on the road for the new album, Dave will be looking for live drummers, I mean Chris will eventually go back to LoG at some point, hell he might go back as soon as his drum parts for the album are done.

• Advertisement

Amalgam wrote: »
    I will indeed. Give me a few days and I'll bump the thread.

Dave Fanning was on form I thought, the interview was varied and he seemed to have done his work, regarding metal and the inter band rivalries, or perceived rivalries..

Really want to hear this now. Sounds like an amazing opportunity.

If I remember correctly they had a laugh about Spinal Tap and Dave E said that almost everything in the movie happened to Megadeth at one point or another?

If that is correct then I should win some kind of award for retaining useless information in my brain for 27 years!

It's only a 30 second clip, but judging by it, the new Megadeth album will be brilliant

http://skullsnbones.com/listen-to-thirty-seconds-of-chris-adler-playing-a-new-megadeth-song/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Megadeth, a band who have sold 50 Million records worldwide, one of the big 4, and they're on Pledge music??????? Wow

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/megadeth

Jayzus! I remember that interview. Can you stick it up on Youtube or Soundcloud for the sake of nostalgia.

---

Dave Fanning interviewing Dave Ellefson in May 1988.

I've removed the music, some quick fades, 3 seconds, or thereabouts..

17:45 - For some reason there's a Megadeth jingle for Capital FM Dublin, so, there's a bit of the Tipper Gore dialogue missing.

The integrity of the interview isn't messed up though.

---

None of the files have tag data.

* The .flac is 'lossless', encoded directly from the edited .wav.

* The .m4a should be iTunes/Apple compliant.
    Encoded using 'qaac' via Foobar. Using assets from an iTunes install package.

* .ogg file encoded via Foobar, using a command line executable, oggenc2.exe. The file is sub 64kbps.. mostly voice, so things aren't too bad.

---

DaveFanning-DaveEllefson-May1988.flac - 81.9MB
    DaveFanning-DaveEllefson-May1988.m4a - 33.6MB
    DaveFanning-DaveEllefson-May1988.ogg - 9.32MB

---

.flac: http://www.mediafire.com/download/db5xamdix66zem7/DaveFanning-DaveEllefson-May1988.flac

.m4a: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/koldy25dqmjvgqp/DaveFanning-DaveEllefson-May1988.m4a

.ogg: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/391rm313nm6c7cn/DaveFanning-DaveEllefson-May1988.ogg

---

Enjoy!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Megadeth, a band who have sold 50 Million records worldwide, one of the big 4, and they're on Pledge music??????? Wow

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/megadeth

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by that.

Ah that's not the point though. Dave is Megadeth but Nick was their best drummer (yes better than Samuleson IMO) and is seen as ex Megadeth Drummer Nick Menza. Dave has said a lot of things over the years and then gone and said the exact opposite a couple of years later

To be honest I'm still surprised Ellefson returned. Maybe the sad truth was that he could never achieve outside Megadeth anything near the kind of recognition or financial freedom a band like Megadeth would afford. If it's a difference between touring and then going home to work another full time job (like Testament) because you desperately need to cover bills or touring and then going home to take a few weeks off while recording some solo stuff and doing some self employment, I know which I'd prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nick Menza has had a right pop off Mustaine on his Facebook page now.
    I'm on a phone so don't know how to copy the link off the app but it's worth a read.
    No love lost!

• Advertisement

The post in question, this is gonna get ugly me thinks.
    To: Dave Mustaine in regards to my publishing royalties. I find it very unprofessional that you conduct business like a child, quit playing games! be a man and stop taking food from my kids mouths. Its my earned money, Not yours. quit ripping me off. WTF?

Advertisement