Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth Appreciation Thread

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Shyte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

KH25 wrote: »
    Well its better than anything on the last 2 albums but there's just no real hook to it.

No way this is better than the likes of black swan,public enemy or the 2 rerecords from Youthanasia IMO. No hook is the key issue alright decent elements but altogether poor track no doubt there's worse to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Already blows Super Collider out of the water..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭KH25

No way this is better than the likes of black swan,public enemy or the 2 rerecords from Youthanasia IMO. No hook is the key issue alright decent elements but altogether poor track no doubt there's worse to come.

Public enemy was ok and I don't count either black swan or the other 2 as they were from previous albums. I also prefer the demo version of black swan from UA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

fatal illusion…not bad at all, yet not totally blown away…sounds like things may be going in the right direction, though…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Already blows Super Collider out of the water..

A farting duck trapped in a barrel for 45 minutes would achieve the same result.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Super Collider is no classic but I thought it had it's moments, Dance in the Rain and The Blackest Crow are great songs and there are a few other half decent songs on it too.

It's funny how people were hoping they'd do something more along the lines of their earlier work, and now they have and people still say it's sh1te, just goes to show you can't win whatever you do.

January 22nd 2016

MegadethDystopia.png

DYSTOPIA Track Listing

1. The Threat Is Real
    2. Dystopia
    3. Fatal Illusion
    4. Death from Within
    5. Bullet to the Brain
    6. Post-American World
    7. Poisonous Shadows
    8. Conquer... or Die! (Instrumental)
    9. Lying in State
    10. The Emperor
    11. Foreign Policy (Fear cover)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Don't know if this is a Black Friday deal or not but the CD is available to preorder on Amazon for a fiver.

Megadeth Dystopia Preorder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Title track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Title track

Decent track that! Wasn't all that gone on "The Threat is Real" but I'm liking that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭KH25

Title track is good. Digging it and fatal illusion. Still not sold on the threat is real but sure it may grow on me! Preordered the album today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Can't believe it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

saw nick at the point on the rust in peace tour -rip

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sad news ....only 51!! R.I.P:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

**** news to hear. Died doing what he loved. Rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Very sad news indeed:(...He actually died on stage, so if there is ever a way to go that's it..Quick while doing something you love....Rip Nick

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Terrible news. So sad to have lost another great musician. The drumming on Rust in Peace was nothing short of inspirational. Gonna have a listen to Hangar 18 as a tribute to him.

RIP Nick.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Shocking news

Brilliant drummer and massively underrated too, would have been great if he and Friedman re-joined Megadeth last year, but given his abrasive personality it's remarkable he lasted a decade in Megadeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hellrun

Nick was the best drummer they ever had (With the exception of Vinnie when he played on that one studio album). Damn shame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Hellrun wrote: »
    Nick was the best drummer they ever had (With the exception of Vinnie when he played on that one studio album). Damn shame...

Na'h, it's Samuelson then Menza.

Dave Mustaine's statement on Nick's passing
    I woke up this morning to a text message from my son, with the news of Nick Menza's passing. Shocked, devastated, and saddened don't begin to describe my feelings.

Originally a tech for the band, Nick soon displayed such talent and personality, it didn’t take long for us to realize he belonged on stage with us, behind the kit. We asked Nick to join Megadeth as our drummer in 1989. At the time, the band already had its first gold album, which only served to stoke the fire. We all wanted world domination- with so much of our lives and dreams ahead of us. As we navigated through the pitfalls of life and the music business, our first album with Nick, Rust in Peace, and subsequent albums Countdown to Extinction and Youthanasia, kept up the momentum. We parted ways after Cryptic Writings. We, like all brothers, would disagree at times, but our bond was strong throughout.

As a player, Nick had a very powerful jazzy flair, unpredictable and always entertaining. And as great a drummer as he was, the time spent with him as a person, a bandmate, and a friend was even more fun. There were several times we discussed him coming back to the band, but for various reasons it never came together. We've been in touch all along, he had come out to our shows recently, and he had remained a great friend, a true professional and a larger than life personality.

The Megadeth family take care of each other, and expect to hear soon about an initiative to help Nick's children. All of us in this community are connected, take care of yourself and your loved ones.

My deepest condolences go out to Nick's family.

Dave Mustaine

Advertisement