Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Looking for fully qualified Carpenter

Options
  • 23-01-2011 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Hi guys im looking for a fully qualified carpenter to take me on for 7 months or so. I wont need any wages so he will be getting 100% FREE help.

Little about myself im a 4th year apprentice carpenter finished my college phases so just sort my on site time to get my papers. So if anyone knows a fully qualified carpenter or a joinery shop that would like some free help please PM me for my contact details or PM me their details.

Thanks Guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Vain wrote: »
    Hi guys im looking for a fully qualified carpenter to take me on for 7 months or so. I wont need any wages so he will be getting 100% FREE help.

Little about myself im a 4th year apprentice carpenter finished my college phases so just sort my on site time to get my papers. So if anyone knows a fully qualified carpenter or a joinery shop that would like some free help please PM me for my contact details or PM me their details.

Thanks Guys.
    Quick question have you discussed this with FAS a few lads i know tried to do this last year and FAS basically told them if they do this they wont be entitled to any social welfare as they wont be avialable for work as such and that whoever employs you must have you working at least 3 days a week . ?
    Basically they made it damn near impossible for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Quick question have you discussed this with FAS a few lads i know tried to do this last year and FAS basically told them if they do this they wont be entitled to any social welfare as they wont be avialable for work as such and that whoever employs you must have you working at least 3 days a week . ?
    Basically they made it damn near impossible for them .

Yep gone to FAS. I wont be on social welfare so its no problem:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Vain wrote: »
    Yep gone to FAS. I wont be on social welfare so its no problem:)
    fair play , you should also look into the FAS scheme where they will cover some of your wages to the employer that could also help ? if the employer recieves money for you and gives you a nominal amount

fair play , you should also look into the FAS scheme where they will cover some of your wages to the employer that could also help ? if the employer recieves money for you and gives you a nominal amount

Ya been in to talk to FAS about that, the problem been trying to find someone who has full time work to take me on is hard to find:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'll ask someone I know in the next day or so.

• Advertisement

I'll ask someone I know in the next day or so.

Thanks PaintDoctor. Would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I struck out ... asked 2 friends who have Carpentry businesses, but they both gave similar answers - don't have enough work at the moment, and even if they did, they wouldn't have someone working for them for free. Sorry I'm not much use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭auskid

VAIN can you send me a private message if this is still the case with you

PM sent.

Advertisement