Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao application

Options
  • 23-01-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi All

This may sound crazy but I have just decided I want to apply for a full time course in UCC in September
    Is there any hope in hell of getting A CAO application in in this time thats left?? 1 week exactly.

Would I be better off waiting till next year to consider this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

I'm applying to DIT this week myself as a mature student. As I understand it (if you do it online that is) once the application is filed before 1st of February you're set. All that's left is the interview and such.

You just need a Laser or Credit card to pay the €40 fee. Give yourself a few days breathing room though. I'm doing mine on Tuesday.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

thanks for the reply and good luck!!

do u know though do i need to send in a lot of documentation like leaving results ect on that date also i have only now requested them from the various departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Yeah I'll have to root those out haha. Thankfully I have a very organised mother who has all that sort of stuff stashed away in a box somewhere. The trick is getting all your copies certified and posting it. It's a mad rush for me this week getting it all together but I should be able to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There is no harm applying this year although you will be a bit stretched for time getting all the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tropics

Hi guys,

I am also applying this year. I think I have almost everything ready to go forms etc..
    I notice a few of you talking about certified LC results (im not sure if you mean for the colleges or the cao app). I was also wondering about this and I gave the CAO a call to inquire. I was told that I don't have to send any copies of my LC, I just needed to fill in the year and exam number on the cao application.
    Hope this helps someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Some universities/colleges require your leaving certificate results along with the CAO application.

Advertisement