Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many days a week do you drink?

Options
  • 23-01-2011 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Im embarrassed by how many days I drink :o Being on the social welfare certainly has upped my drinking ...

So my fellow boardsiezzzzz how many days do you drink? & in what form? getting pi*sed or having a few?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

At most twice a week. Sometimes i might not drink at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Unless there's a Judo competition coming up, most nights.

I work crazy hours and a drink helps settle the ol' body clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I think i'd probably drink less being on the dole. You know given that i'd be on less money and looking for a job and shít.

I haven't been drinking much lately. Was sick for over a week and just haven't been arsed really. Usually it would probably be once a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'm confused.com.

How does being on the social increase your drinking?
    I can barely afford to drink now in full time employment?

But to answer your question, 2 nights, sometimes only one, depends on how busy I am at work (ya jammy bugger)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Id probably drink every couple of hours TBH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

nearly everyday when i was on the social,usually about 4-6 pints! now im back working only the weekends

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Most weeks I do not drink, maybe once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

2 mostly - or 3 if theres a 21st or wedding or something on too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Being on the social welfare certainly has upped my drinking ...

D'ol :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

hardly ever now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Normally a few on Friday after work. Maybe once a month on Saturday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Once a week, mostly. That's all I can afford to seeing as I'm living off my parents at the moment. Hopefully I get my social welfare decided and can head to Fás to see about getting a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I don't actually drink that often but when I drink, I drink. Nothing really appealing to me about having one or 2 drinks aside from wine with food if it's an occasion, but if someone offers me a drink and I know it's just gona be the 1 or 2 I'll usually refuse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Almost every day, but I'm looking into changing that...

Should add a poll btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Once a week. I'm early 30's, generally 5/6 pints on a Saturday night, occasionally 8 or so if its a big one. I just can't work hungover and haven't drank midweek since i was a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Have cut down on my drinking lots over the last few months since I started taking anti-depressants,at most now I'd drink twice a week,this week I've only drank once,that was on Wednesday and I had 6 or 7 pints.

I used to drink 6 or 7 days a week,and I'd be drinking cheap Aldi vodka and Southern Comfort/naggins of Jameson as well as pints in the pub.Actually have managed to save some money over the last few months instead of pissing/puking it all away!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Im embarrassed by how many days I drink :o Being on the social welfare certainly has upped my drinking ...

So my fellow boardsiezzzzz how many days do you drink? & in what form? getting pi*sed or having a few?

Shameless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I not to rigid with it , usually 2 or 3 days a week were I will either have beer or wine at home .Think it's good to give it a rest for a few days but am usually up for a drink out anytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

It all depends, if Liverpool have a mid week televised game sure I'll pop round the boozer for that, though I usually only have a pint each half and head home, unless the pints go down particularly well and it gets out of hand, I think most of us know that situation :)

Fridays is usually a gang of us for pints, happy days.

2/3 nights a week, I guess. though I've had a few Anomalies :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I drink maybe once a month, and then I have a good few drinks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Normally just Friday and Saturday properly, then a few on a Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

brummytom wrote: »
    Normally just Friday and Saturday properly, then a few on a Tuesday

Ya, I'm a Friday and Saturday man myself. Then there's the odd Thursday and sometimes Monday and occassionally Wednesday, Tuesday and maybe Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Very few. I'd usually have a night out about once a month now, and don't drink much at home.

2 or 3 nights I'd say. One big session on a Saturday night and usually end up going for pints after work one or two evenings, which sometimes turn into sessions too. There would be an odd week where I might drink 4 or 5 nights if there are a lot of things going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Once a week usually, if I have college during the week. Twice at most, with the sole purpose of getting drunk :D.

Sometimes I might not drink at all, all depends on college and money situation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RichieC wrote: »
    It all depends, if Liverpool have a mid week televised game sure I'll pop round the boozer for that, though I usually only have a pint each half and head home, unless the pints go down particularly well and it gets out of hand, I think most of us know that situation :)

Fridays is usually a gang of us for pints, happy days.

2/3 nights a week, I guess. though I've had a few Anomalies :o

Heh im the same :o

normally its 2 or 3 thursday nite,few bottles friday nite and saturday nite and if theres a liverpool match on sunday or wednesday,I'd have one each half and leave it at that.........well I'd try and leave it at that :pac: trying to cut down actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

I don't really drink that often. Maybe once a week although probably not even that. I'd say maybe once every two weeks, I wouldn't drink that much when I am drinking either. I can't really afford it (student on grant). And I'm in final semester of college now so I don't really have the time. God, I sound dull! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Anywhere from none to seven :pac:

I used to be a much bigger drinker than I am now, not trying not to just not as interested as I used to be. There was a stage where I didn't feel normal if I wasn't getting sozzled at least once a week, that was when I was working though so I probably needed to blow off some steam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

0. Don't want or need it.

Advertisement