Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many days a week do you drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Can't afford (even though in full time employment) to go pub on weekends.

Would have a few drinks (about 3) on a friday and saturday at home. And maybe 1 drink on a Sunday depending on the mood.

Would go out drinking (pub or club) only for special events, like birthdays and the lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Most nights although the last few weeks I haven't been drinking as much. I must be sick or something

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

used to be 2-3 nights a week but can't afford that anymore so it will be cut down to just Saturdays for a while. I hate staying in on Saturdays. Fridays are manageable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭whiteonion

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Im embarrassed by how many days I drink :o Being on the social welfare certainly has upped my drinking ...

So my fellow boardsiezzzzz how many days do you drink? & in what form? getting pi*sed or having a few?

I drink every day, water that is. Sometimes I might drink some alcohol but certanly not every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

At least 2/3 cans a night at weekends if not going out but may have two cans during the week.So i suppose 5 nights a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Off the gargle for the time being.

Should end first Friday in March. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Living in rented accommodation, so I find myself drinking most night of the week out of boredom usually 2 or 3 bottles of fink brau. Generally head out Saturday then for a drain full. Im on the fink right now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Unless there's a Judo competition coming up, most nights. I work crazy hours and a drink helps settle the ol' body clock.

Ha. The night I brought the dog around I'm pretty sure I saw that bottle of brandy tremble.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The General.

I drink about 6 cans of harp or carlsberg most nights during the week and about double that every friday saturday and sunday night. When i come home from work i like a nice tasty alcoholic beverage to help me relaxe. I done good last week, as i didnt drink last monday,tuesday or wednesday night. Im drinking at the min also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I drink about 6 cans of harp or carlsberg most nights during the week and about double that every friday saturday and sunday night.

That's borderline alcoholism.

I know, because I used to drink every day too. After a while though, it stops being a way to relax & enjoy yourself and becomes something that starts to take over your life rather than adding to it.

I knocked it on the head about 2 years ago & feel a lot better for it.

I still drink though, but no more than 2 bottles of wine over a weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's borderline alcoholism.

FYP

I'd also be concerned with your mental stability when you purposely drink Harp or Carlsberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Im embarrassed by how many days I drink :o Being on the social welfare certainly has upped my drinking ...

So my fellow boardsiezzzzz how many days do you drink? & in what form? getting pi*sed or having a few?

Nosey nelly strikes again.

I drink on a friday & saturday night. Couple of pints or a few cans, usually the latter. I never drink during the week as it affords me the opportunity to make condescending remarks about people who do.

If i drink more than 3 days in a row my brain gives me a kick in the face & says we can't handle this dickhead, cop on our we're off, yeah WE! Im in charge here says he, your not says i, really? says he watch this....then i get a sharp pain in my head & i say ok ok you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

drink maybe 5 times a year so I will say zero times per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

3, but it does not depend on how often. It depends on how much really.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

I'll be out drinking twice this week, which is a lot - don't really drink that much. It's not something I avoid purposely, I do like a drink or 5 but at the same time it doesn't bother me if I don't drink anything. On the dole now but didn't really drink much more when I was working - sometimes it just seems like you're pissing your money away. Saying that, I was on night out before Christmas and ended up with the biggest hangover I've had in a very long time - think I'm getting too old for that sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Usually only the once, but it can drag in to a few days, you know how it goes, fecking country is mad for it.

On holidays every day though. It's actually really painful going drinking for 2 weeks. I remember after 6th year puking blood after a only a few shots of vodka on holidays. I'd struggle to do 2 weeks now though, drinking is a young mans game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thread needs poll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Under normal circumstances, one. On holidays, most nights, but I wouldn't be getting drunk every night - not able for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

None of them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I drink maybe three times in a month, never very much tbh, a few vodkas and beers if I'm out or maybe a glass or two of wine at home or with dinner. I have never understood how anyone could think it's normal to drink alcohol every day in a regular week (as opposed to things like rag week, celebrating something, holiday, etc, when people may have reasons to drink more than usual if they choose to), if you need a can or 7 to relax after work there's something wrong, you shouldn't be dependent on alcohol to relax you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I think age has a huge relevance to the question. 18 to 22 year olds are going to drink a hell of a lot more than 30 to 35 year olds.

5 to 10 year olds probably only have a few cans each week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

seven

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭eurokev

drink maybe 4 times a week. Usually no more than 2 drinks a go. And most of the time its something different because im a real booze lover and love trying different things. drinking a can of murphys now. Very rarely go to nightclubs but I do love a nice snuggy pub, just cant justify paying the prices and having the same choice of monopolised diageo drink in every one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think age has a huge relevance to the question. 18 to 22 year olds are going to drink a hell of a lot more than 30 to 35 year olds.
    Jeez, I don't know... My peers and I can certainly drink a lot more now then we could at 18-22...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I only drink twice a week.

Monday to Thursday, and Friday to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

8 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Twice a week, definitely find the hangover harder to deal with as I get older. Whoever invented alka seltzers deserves a medal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 The General.

Spadina wrote: »
    I drink maybe three times in a month, never very much tbh, a few vodkas and beers if I'm out or maybe a glass or two of wine at home or with dinner. I have never understood how anyone could think it's normal to drink alcohol every day in a regular week (as opposed to things like rag week, celebrating something, holiday, etc, when people may have reasons to drink more than usual if they choose to), if you need a can or 7 to relax after work there's something wrong, you shouldn't be dependent on alcohol to relax you.
    Each to their own ,as they say. I have never missed a day of work in my life due to drinking, probably coz i dont suffer from hangovers at all.

Advertisement