Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many days a week do you drink?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Daily for me, not to point of drunkenenness tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The General.

Dubba wrote: »
    Daily for me, not to point of drunkenenness tho :D
    Same here. I dont get drunk. I wait for the weekend to get hammered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I like a bottle of Guinness most nights, I heard it's good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

25 nights a week ,wat ya looking at ? wha ,wha ,I'll batter ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

ScumLord wrote: »
    I like a bottle of Guinness most nights, I heard it's good for you.

My grandfather swore by your logic,he farmed into his 80s and lived to 98,he was a very strong man.Guinness is good for you.

I drink saturday and sunday but i could easly be persuaded to drink on friday nights aswell,always at home couldn't aford the pub to often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Maybe one or two, once or twice a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

I think age has a huge relevance to the question. 18 to 22 year olds are going to drink a hell of a lot more than 30 to 35 year olds.

5 to 10 year olds probably only have a few cans each week.

I'll agree with that statement. With the recession affecting kids' weekly allowances these days I would find it hard to believe they can manage more than 6 a week with the costs involved in large-scale crystal meth production.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Being a dirty smelly student who enjoys boozing and the lifestyle , bout 3 times a week , 4 if i get lucky. Costs a fortune though tbh. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I try to keep it to once or twice a week, at the very most it will be three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I was drinking 4 or 5 days every week but haven't touched it in 3 weeks now.The last day i drank i was in the bar at 9:30 in the morning and was on my own for 2 hours before anybody came in so i just decided to give it up for a while i was bored of it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Most nights of the week myself,a movie and a few glasses of vino.
    Nought wrong with it if you don't abuse it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

About 5 times a week on average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Knew I should of added a poll :(

How do I add one now guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

I was drinking 4 or 5 days every week but haven't touched it in 3 weeks now.The last day i drank i was in the bar at 9:30 in the morning and was on my own for 2 hours before anybody came in so i just decided to give it up for a while i was bored of it :eek:
    a bit of a drink problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

On a regular week I'd drink 3 times a week. Say 6 beers, usually on Friday and Saturday night, and a mid-week treat, while watching a film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Alkers

Every Friday and Saturday. Used to squeeze another session in on Sunday afternoons when I was working but am now back in college (no money and more free time) so that has stopped. Worst I've ever done is while on a 3 month J1 visa in the states, drank every day bar ten days which I was sick for, got up to the stage where I was drinking 20 american sized (330ml?) cans of 6% beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Anywhere between 0 and 3 times a week

Depends how much money I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Usually 1-2 nights a week, depending on work hours/money etc. Would usually start at home and head out late, saves a good bit of money that way. Have weekends off now though so have been drinking a lot more quantity-wise than I would have before due to being able to go back to house parties etc, but for some reason Im not getting hangovers. A lie-in really does the world of good!

I'd often have a glass or two of vino mid week aswell, but its red and good for my circulation so its allowed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Occasionally have a bottle with the lads after training but usually I wouldn't drink during the week.

I save my units for a massive night of binging at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

aside from when im back in ireland, id say i drink at most 10 times a year. and by drink i mean consume alcoholic beverage, not get absolutely spasticated in a pub somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

These days I only get proper drunk once or twice a month at most,although if I was working I'd say it would be a lot more.Getting drunk isn't as fun as it used to be for me,can't enjoy it like I use to,being unemployed and trying to keep up productivity are both factors as well.I do enjoy the odd drink or 2 of an evening every now and then as well without going mad.

As for holidays,I begin on the way over and finish on the ride home.Their more hardship than leisure at this point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Everyday.
    My oh is continental European though, so it's ok with dinner ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,388 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Im embarrassed by how many days I drink :o Being on the social welfare certainly has upped my drinking ...

So my fellow boardsiezzzzz how many days do you drink? & in what form? getting pi*sed or having a few?

The social welfare has a horrible effect on people like that, i remember being on the social welfare and not remembering sundays ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I don't drink every week. Sometimes go months without a drink. Currently it's been a month since my last drink.

Social welfare increases peoples drinking. Note to goverment reduce social welfare and get rid of the USC yee pr!cks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Social welfare increases peoples drinking.

Link please otherwise I'll take it as you talking through your sober ass. :rolleyes:

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Im embarrassed by how many days I drink :o Being on the social welfare certainly has upped my drinking ...

So my fellow boardsiezzzzz how many days do you drink? & in what form? getting pi*sed or having a few?
    beano345 wrote: »
    nearly everyday when i was on the social,usually about 4-6 pints! now im back working only the weekends
    Vicxas wrote: »
    The social welfare has a horrible effect on people like that, i remember being on the social welfare and not remembering sundays ever...
    Link please otherwise I'll take it as you talking through your sober ass. :rolleyes:

Not a link but there ya go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Every Friday after voluntary work I grab meself an 8-pack of Bavaria and a foot-long Subway......living the high life :D

That 8-pack lasts me Fri & Sat considering I don't go out as much these days, being on the dole and all.

Just sit on my bed listening to 80's tunes. :pac:

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Every Friday after voluntary work I grab meself an 8-pack of Bavaria and a foot-long Subway......living the high life :D

That 8-pack lasts me Fri & Sat considering I don't go out as much these days, being on the dole and all.

Just sit on my bed listening to 80's tunes. :pac:

I could imagine you on a bed with a SuperTed duvet cover with a can of Bavaria doing the robot to Safety Dance.

I work but my treat to myself every week is going to Subway for a 6-inch Sub meal. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I could imagine you on a bed with a SuperTed duvet cover with a can of Bavaria doing the robot to Safety Dance.

You're right about The Safety Dance, anyways...........but it's a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cover.............I miss that quilt :(
    I work but my treat to myself every week is going to Subway for a 6-inch Sub meal. :(

Only reason I get a Subway is because it's right beside the off-license. I do it anyways as a routine to break up the week, make me look forward to something when I'm been paid nothing :pac:

Advertisement