Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many days a week do you drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Four to five days a week.

Half bottle of wine two nights.
    Couple of beers another.

Maybe one or two days a bit more.
    Saturday and Sunday, would usually have a bottle of wine with lunch and with dinner. Depending on whether I had to drive that day or not of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

None. :cool::cool:

SES

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭grungepants

if i was on the social welfare i get tan the bevvy everyday....then maybe get a bit of speed, a packet of crisps and a jin and tonic....liven me up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Each to their own ,as they say. I have never missed a day of work in my life due to drinking, probably coz i dont suffer from hangovers at all.

The reason why you don't get hangovers is because you have built up a huge tolerance to alcohol.

That's because you drink 7 days a week. If you stopped drinking for a few months, then drank as much as you do now, the hangovers would return.

Hangovers are normal - drinking every single night of the week isn't.

Essentially, you are a functioning alcoholic. Though I know from experience, that at the stage you are at now, you will deny this entirely. It's one of the traits of being dependent on the booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

About once every 2 weeks now. Cannot believe people on social welfare can afford to drink so much!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

8 days a week.. And still nothing wrong with me.
    *twitch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Once or twice a month, on a night out with the girlies!

Hmm, wish I could afford to be doing it that often, on SW!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Once a week, normally at home, we have people over.

Id say i go out to pubs once a month

I go to a nightclub, meah maybe once a year..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

5 to 10 year olds probably only have a few cans each week.

Pocket money just doesn't go far. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Does drinking alcohol every day make you an alcoholic :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A glass of wine everyday? No

6 cans every day? Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Saturday night usually requires a trip to the offies for a flageon of Captain Morgans and some Coke. That'll do for the weekend.
    I'm not a heavy drinker to be honest so that's me sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I drink more when I have a job,Although when your jobs crap its hard not to!I don't know why most people seem to drink more on the dole,less cash and more worry,living each week as it comes just like that you can get stuck in a rut.Its a slippery slope I tells thee....Enjoying a drink and abusing it is a vverry thinnn loiyne(slurs words).:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

3or 4 days anyway, more if I can afford it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Im embarrassed by how many days I drink :o Being on the social welfare certainly has upped my drinking ...

So my fellow boardsiezzzzz how many days do you drink? & in what form? getting pi*sed or having a few?

Do you mean Social drinking...When my social drinking starts to effect my physical performance in sport; it is then that i try to reduce. It can be a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Most weeks one day.

Sometimes 2, sometimes 0. Not much!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

cruiser178 wrote: »
    My grandfather swore by your logic,he farmed into his 80s and lived to 98,he was a very strong man.Guinness is good for you.

I drink saturday and sunday but i could easly be persuaded to drink on friday nights aswell,always at home couldn't aford the pub to often.

When Channel 4 did there series on the new list of dangerous drugs a doctor said it's actually better for you to drink a little constantly than it is to binge drink once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

ScumLord wrote: »
    When Channel 4 did there series on the new list of dangerous drugs a doctor said it's actually better for you to drink a little constantly than it is to binge drink once a week.

But better to just no drink. Anyone else find those a glass and a half of wine a day or beer in moderation being a good thing preachings to be a load of ****e?

I shouldn't put Aromat on my chips but can drink every day. I'm sorry Father, I just don't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

About 3-4 would be normal. But by 'drink' I mean having a glass of wine or a beer. If you mean going out for a few pints than only once every 2-4 weeks. Not because I don't enjoy it but because I can't afford to drop the cash.

edit- by 'normal' I mean what I normally drink, not what I think others should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Wompa1 wrote: »
    But better to just no drink. Anyone else find those a glass and a half of wine a day or beer in moderation being a good thing preachings to be a load of ****e?

I shouldn't put Aromat on my chips but can drink every day. I'm sorry Father, I just don't buy it.

Why is it better to not drink?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Once every 4 - 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Im on the social and find myself goin out Friday,Saturday and then a few on Sunday.Used to be twice a week but the boredom of no work would drive ye to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

There was some expert on the Sean Moncrieff show a few weeks ago (I can't remember his name) who said that having a drink everyday does not necessarily make you an alcoholic, but that it is bad for your health. You should have days when you consume no alcohol at all. Having said that I'm sure drinking everyday doesn't help you stave off alcoholism either.

Wompa1 wrote: »

I think you'll find that if you pool all the research together you can't do a damn thing without damaging your health.

You won't suffer any serious negative health effects having one or two drinks everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

The reason why you don't get hangovers is because you have built up a huge tolerance to alcohol.

That's because you drink 7 days a week. If you stopped drinking for a few months, then drank as much as you do now, the hangovers would return.

Hangovers are normal - drinking every single night of the week isn't.

Essentially, you are a functioning alcoholic. Though I know from experience, that at the stage you are at now, you will deny this entirely. It's one of the traits of being dependent on the booze.

is it not true that some people don't get hangovers? I read a figure suggesting that somewhere in the region of 25% of people don't. Unfortunately I can't find the source now, so not sure how reliable or thorough the research was.

On an anecdotal level, I've always had one or two friends who claimed not to, though I sometimes doubted it myself. One of them actually became an alcoholic over time, and I always wondered if it was partly on account of a lack of the hangover deterrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

There was some expert on the Sean Moncrieff show a few weeks ago (I can't remember his name) who said that having a drink everyday does not necessarily make you an alcoholic, but that it is bad for your health. You should have days when you consume no alcohol at all. Having said that I'm sure drinking everyday doesn't help you stave off alcoholism either.

I think also it depends on the person. Some people are prone to addiction and should probably not drink at all, whereas others can drink regulary and not be alcoholics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

About once every 2 weeks now. Cannot believe people on social welfare can afford to drink so much!:eek:

A large portion of those currently on the dole are people who have been let go/made redundant and in a lot of cases would have received a lump sum of redundancy and have some savings from when they were working. Not having much to do and not having to be up in the mornings for anything much does lead to more regular drinking.

Did with me, and it was great for a while, then the novelty wore off.

Did with me, and it was great for a while, then the novelty wore off.
    Maybe you should try alcohol drinks instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Hardly ever at home. But if I have a few extra schillings in my pocket, go out and get smashed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

ScumLord wrote: »
    Maybe you should try alcohol drinks instead.

That's where I was going wrong, diddums :o

Advertisement