Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child moved abroad without my knowledge

Options
  • 23-01-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    need some help. I have a 3 year old Child, whose mother is from eastern europe. We were in a relationship for 3 years and when my baby was 6 months we split. She moved back and forth for a while and returned to Ireland last year. Happy days. My daughter speaks great english and we have a very strong bond. I pay maintence every month without fail.

She went back home for 1 week on the 29th dec and then informed me that they are staying for good as she had a job lined up. I priced flights, hotels, car rental etc. About 500 to 700 euro per trip. I won't pay the same maintence as then i won't be able to afford to travel to see my daughter. she is now refusing to allow me to speak to my daughter or to agree to work out access.
    As everything was going ok, stupid me never applied for guardianship or a access order. She never went to court

what can i do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Gat a family solictor and start the process of getting guardianship and see where things stand for you legally. Sorry for your loss, it's hard to be told that your daughter is not coming back and that you are being denied contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bom21

thanks, have a meeting this week with one so will see what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

Sorry mate but you're on a hiding to nothing. All the info you need is HERE.

EDIT: When I say "Sorry mate", I don't mean to be flippant. I mean that I am truly sorry for the situation that you are now involved in and, as can be seen from the link, you really are in a situation where you cannot win. Things will be so bad for you if you try and fight it from here (you're gonna lose) that you might consider moving over there and try fighting for access in the other country. The law has already been tested here so there really is no point in even starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Get yourself some solid legal advice.
    People can and will help you on here but there's no substitute for good legal advice from a solicitor who deals with cases like this.
    Best of luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

prepare yourself to fight.
    your child deserves her father.
    read extensive books and legal law.
    i am from the uk so it is different , as stated its a long shot but you must fight and fight and fight and fight.
    read as much as possible to save money , it will take all that too.
    maybe worth considering legal aid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

No advice but just good luck wishes i hope the road isnt long and hard a child deserves a father esp a good one like you seem to be.

Advertisement