If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D system & projector

Options
  • 23-01-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

Hi John,
    I have done a bit of homework on what I am thinking of getting. I spoke to Nicola a few weeks ago about buying a projector and she told me you are the man to talk to, I am thinking of putting the following together and would like your opinion.
    JVC X3 projector. Emitter and 4 prs of glasses
    Denon AVR 2311 to replace the 2309 I got from you.
    Beamax ceiling screen
    Sony BDP 770/780 when released.
    I have done the figures based on the UK prices so I intend to put this together piece by piece over the next few months.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

rednik wrote: »
    Hi John,
    I have done a bit of homework on what I am thinking of getting. I spoke to Nicola a few weeks ago about buying a projector and she told me you are the man to talk to, I am thinking of putting the following together and would like your opinion.
    JVC X3 projector. Emitter and 4 prs of glasses
    Denon AVR 2311 to replace the 2309 I got from you.
    Beamax ceiling screen
    Sony BDP 770/780 when released.
    I have done the figures based on the UK prices so I intend to put this together piece by piece over the next few months.

Rednik,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The DLA X3 is £3499.95 and comes with 2 pairs of the glasses (I'll have to check the price of the additional glasses for you).

The AVR2311 is now down to a really bonkers £489.95 - this is only because Richer Sounds in England are delisting the AVR2311 and are clearing their ex-demo stocks however we have loads available BNIB (Brand new boxed).

The Sony BR I dont have info on yet, and unfortunately we don't stock the Beaumax screen - but I would say to have a look at the Denon DBP1611UD or the Cambridge Audio 650BD http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Cambridge-Audio-Azur-650BD/ which are amazing Blu Ray players .

Keep me posted if I can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

If im right though in order for 3D it needs to be hooked up to a computer with a 3D graphics card. You cant just hook up a sky box / PS3 to it and 3D works....

If im right though in order for 3D it needs to be hooked up to a computer with a 3D graphics card. You cant just hook up a sky box / PS3 to it and 3D works....

Stephen,

I have not had a play with one but I'm pretty sure you can just connect it to a 3D 1.4 ready Blu-Ray and it will work once yuo have the emmitter & glasses.

From JVC direct:

For 3D content, the JVC X3 3D projector includes HDMI 1.4a inputs and supports Frame Packing (Blu-ray), Side-by-Side (broadcast) and Above-Below 3D transmissions. An external 3D Signal Emitter (PK-EM1) synchronises the projected image with JVC’s Active Shutter 3D Glasses (PK-AG1). The external 3D signal emitter ensures reliable signal transmission to the 3D glasses for a superior 3D experience, no matter what type of screen is used or how the home theatre has been configured

But as ever I stand to be corrected!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@stephendevlin,

Please take a moment to read the Charter here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 particluarly the following:
    If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

John thanks for the reply. You gave me a great deal on the 2309 so I will take the 2311 for starters. As I said I will do this piece by piece, if you can also get me a JVC PK-EM1 I will make these the first purchase. With regards to the blu ray player I am holding off for the new sony players to arrive so no rush on these but when they become available I will give you a shout for one.

What are your own recommendations on screens?. I haven't decided yet on size so maybe a bit of advice would be welcome. I have checked the prices for the glasses and these are crazy but I have found some good info over at the AV forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:
    Ritz.

Pollogies!:D Something I was interested in but was unsure of setup. Looked it up. Niece peice of kit and yes your right no pc needed. Different type of projector I was looking at!

Can I order the 2311?

rednik wrote: »
    Can I order the 2311?

Red,

apologies for the delay - I have been out of the office for the last few days so apologies for missing the post :o Dave will give you a shout today to get you sorted - we have lots of the AVR2311 in stock - (they are really excellent!)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Collected the 2311 in Belfast today with thanks to Matt in the shop. John I will order the X3 from you in March and as mentioned I will need some advice if you can assist at all with positioning of the projector and screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Rednik.

No problem with the help on the positioning and thanks for buying the AVR2311 from us, it's such a deal !

Give us a shout closer to the time on the projector and we can advise on the screen positioning.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Rednik.

No problem with the help on the positioning and thanks for buying the AVR2311 from us, it's such a deal !

Give us a shout closer to the time on the projector and we can advise on the screen positioning.

ATB

Dave

Dave thanks for that. I will give you a shout about the X3.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.