Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else still waiting on their 1st cheque?

Options
  • 23-01-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

:mad: or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

juzt u lol xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I wish I was getting a cheque :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I wish I was getting a cheque :(

You wish your financial situation was so bad you couldn't afford to go to college without a hand-out?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Chet T16 wrote: »
    You wish your financial situation was so bad you couldn't afford to go to college without a hand-out?

Oh I forgot University is only for the wealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

flag123 wrote: »
    Oh I forgot University is only for the wealthy.

No it isnt, but those awaiting grant cheques are obviously really in need of financial assistance to get them through college!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I'm still waiting too, and the 18% interest on my credit card, which I used to pay the first half of my fees, isn't getting any smaller...

i dont know about that, when i was in college I had a good part time job from which i got a plenty of money to buy books etc, transport to college and a couple of nights out a week with a bit left over and i also got the maintenance grants think is totalled €3,045 per year, i used to just keep that for summer holidays, after 1st year i went to Vancouver for the summer, the next year spent a month travelling Europe and then the summer after I went to Chicago,Oh and there was one cheque i got in January of '08 i think when I went to Ucd, picked up the cheque, went to the bank, cashed it, went to gamestop and bought a ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Chet T16 wrote: »

Hand-outs are charity; the grant is a legally guaranteed social support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

i dont know about that, when i was in college I had a good part time job from which i got a plenty of money to buy books etc, transport to college and a couple of nights out a week with a bit left over and i also got the maintenance grants think is totalled €3,045 per year, i used to just keep that for summer holidays, after 1st year i went to Vancouver for the summer, the next year spent a month travelling Europe and then the summer after I went to Chicago,Oh and there was one cheque i got in January of '08 i think when I went to Ucd, picked up the cheque, went to the bank, cashed it, went to gamestop and bought a ps3

You could have not worked, used that time to study and used your grants for rent, books etc. Or is that a crazy idea? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

So you're saying people that get grants shouldn't have fun? :pac:

• Advertisement

Point?

I'm just saying anyone who needs the grant gets it, if they don't get it then obviously they have enough income

misslt wrote: »
    So you're saying people that get grants shouldn't have fun? :pac:

I know you're messing, but in my scenario there was no job, which should mean more time for normal college related fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I know you're messing, but in my scenario there was no job, which should mean more time for normal college related fun!

True - but if you can manage college, job and fun then why not? :)

OSI wrote: »
    Bull****

Not even a little bit. Theres only one reason why you'll be refused for a grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

The grant is charity also, it's just state charity (which is based on the theft of the private wealth of citizens).

The grant is charity also, it's just state charity (which is based on the theft of the private wealth of citizens).

Wow. Who needs to spread the wealth when a small few can keep it all, eh?

Advertisement