Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Chilli in L'Kenny?

Options
  • 23-01-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy some Chillies in L'Kenny?
    I know Aldi sells a multipack of different types of chillies, but I just want some mild chillies, about 10 or so, and I can't remember seeing these anywhere.

TIA.

edit: also looking for some lemon grass???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You're not pregnant are you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

I would have thought tesco would have them, or maybe one of those afro carribean type shops

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

health food shop?? nearly sure theres a couple of 'em in LK........

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

There is an asian supply shop out behind shapla im sure they would have that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

muffler wrote: »
    You're not pregnant are you? :D

:eek:
    emmetmcl wrote: »
    I would have thought tesco would have them,

Surprisingly not.
    bud1970 wrote: »
    health food shop?? nearly sure theres a couple of 'em in LK........

I had a look in the one in the LK shopping centre, no joy.
    mk2 wrote: »
    There is an asian supply shop out behind shapla im sure they would have that kind of stuff.

Fantastic! That's news to me, probably been there for years! :o
    I'll give it a try, and reply back - thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭zeissman

If you want mild chillis dont buy the small green ones that you usually get in
    asian shops, they are very hot. The bigger chillis are usually milder.

zeissman wrote: »
    If you want mild chillis dont buy the small green ones that you usually get in
    asian shops, they are very hot. The bigger chillis are usually milder.

I remember that courtesy of Indiana Jones!
    Scorpions - "When it comes to scorpions, the bigger the better. Small one bites ye, don't keep it to yourself."

Haven't a clue if that's accurate or not, but reminds me that small chillies are deadly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

tescos sell multipacks of the big red chilis which are mild enough, they also sell fresh lemongrass.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Beanstalk wrote: »
    tescos sell multipacks of the big red chilis which are mild enough, they also sell fresh lemongrass.

They should also sell the large green ones (4-5 in bag), and the small Birdseye ones if brave enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭aridion

You cooking Thai?

• Advertisement

aridion wrote: »
    You cooking Thai?

Could be, soon!
    Actually wanted to get some mild green chillies for a "Pulled Pork" recipe!
    Addicted to the stuff since in the US last year.

Couldn't find any lemongrass, or chillies (of any kind, shape or colour), in Tesco! Box after box of peppers, but not a chilli in sight!

Went out to the Asian Food Store, behind Shapla Restaurant; it's fantastic!
    Whatever you're looking for, to do with eastern food, you'll find it here. The guy behind the counter was very helpful and friendly, and explained to me what the various vegetables where!

Don't laugh! I have never seen fresh lemongrass, or Coco Yams, or a variety of other stuff, before!

It has spurred me on to researching some authentic eastern recipes, especially now I know I can get everything.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, and especially mk2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭aridion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

mrmac wrote: »
    I remember that courtesy of Indiana Jones!
    Scorpions - "When it comes to scorpions, the bigger the better. Small one bites ye, don't keep it to yourself."

Haven't a clue if that's accurate or not, but reminds me that small chillies are deadly! :D

Big claws, small sting.
    Small claws, big sting !

Advertisement