Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite - Touch Screen not responding

Options
  • 23-01-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Hi My phone has stopped responding,

I've tried to update the software, but bluetooth is still turned on and i can't turn it off,

When i say the stopped responding, The touch screen seems to be responding if i touch it it lights up,

However none of the icons respond.

Any one able to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

i have the same problem. any1?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

you can get it flashed or get a new one, other than that it's fooked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

allanb49 wrote: »
    you can get it flashed or get a new one, other than that it's fooked

flashed??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Mobile Phone Flashing is a process wherein a mobile phone's firmware (or program inside your phone's memory) is updated or re-programmed. Like computers, some mobile phones which are sold have some minor software glitches. Things like your phone restarting, hanging, no signal, etc, are signs that there are problems with your phone's firmware.

To resolve this issues, mobile phone manufacturers usually come up with software updates for mobile phones and the process wherein these updates are incorporated into your mobile phone is referred to as "flashing".

Flashing does not unlock your phone or remove operator restrictions. Unlocking your mobile phone is a completely different process but some unlocking procedures usually involve flashing a phone's firmware so many people have the misconception that flashing your mobile phone will unlock it.

Flashing your mobile phone is pretty straightforward. If you follow the instructions well, you won't encounter problems. There are some people, however, who are not comfortable flashing their mobile phones since they're afraid that they would "brick" their mobile phone (a bricked mobile phone is when your phone does not power up anymore) so they let professionals or service centers handle it.

If you're comfortable with technology, instructions for flashing your mobile phone can usually be found on mobile phone forums. Google it and you'll find a lot of mobile phone resources talking about flashing.

Advertisement