Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Super Video Converter settings for .vob to .avi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭highdef

Are the settings shown in the attached screengrab the settings which you are currently using? Also, what part of the world are you in? I'm guessing Ireland (boards.ie and all that) but just want to be sure. And also, what aspect ratio is the video? Finally, what is the final medium for your video....eg:tape, DVD, USB, hard disc, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

highdef wrote: »
    Are the settings shown in the attached screengrab the settings which you are currently using? Also, what part of the world are you in? I'm guessing Ireland (boards.ie and all that) but just want to be sure. And also, what aspect ratio is the video? Finally, what is the final medium for your video....eg:tape, DVD, USB, hard disc, etc

No the settings attached are only a shapshot of the available choices...and its a bit of trial and error to guess the correct format settings.Ive tried about 5 runs of conversion and ended up with distorted picture.So though I'd throw it out there to see if someone had a standard settings template for this conversion.

I am indeed in Ireland.

Aspect ratio i'm unsure of, I used the Instant DVD Recorder with Dazzle DVC100 to record from VHS to vob. I might just re-capture the VHS using virtualdub to avi, for editing. Its annoying and time consuming converting .vob to an edit friendly file.

The final medium will be youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Well, it's default preset can meet your need? also too poor of quality and/or small?
    As I always use handbrake and iFunia DVD ripper pro to do the converting, its default setting are just right for me, the quality are great, so I don't need to do the preset any more, maybe you could try much more or turn to the Super's support page.

Advertisement