Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying fish in Dublin

Options
  • 23-01-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

A few months ago, I was given the present of two goldfish in a bowl, and all the essentials to keep them healthy.

I was speaking to the person who gave them to me earlier, and he says another small fish will be fine in the bowl, something like a minnow.

Is there anywhere (preferably in town) that has a good reputation for healthy new fish? Or if anyone has experience with the pet shop at the Omni in Santry

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Um, I wouldn't put another fish in there, to be honest.

Info on goldfish here and here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Nanaki wrote: »
    A few months ago, I was given the present of two goldfish in a bowl, and all the essentials to keep them healthy.

I was speaking to the person who gave them to me earlier, and he says another small fish will be fine in the bowl, something like a minnow.

Is there anywhere (preferably in town) that has a good reputation for healthy new fish? Or if anyone has experience with the pet shop at the Omni in Santry

Petmania in Clearwater Finglas,or Petstop out in Blanchardstown beside Next and Classic Furniture,or Seahorse Aquariams out in Balymount just accross from Red Cow Hotel are excellect aswell.

Can recommend all of them,they are all very good with regards fish and fish stocks.

That place in Omni Centre,isnt the best,lets just say that.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

You should get them out of the bowl and buy a small tank for your fish.
    Bowls should be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

You should get them out of the bowl and buy a small tank for your fish.
    Bowls should be illegal.

I agree. Goldfish bowls should be banned and it should be illegal to keep fish
    in an unfiltered tank.
    Petmania is also the pitts. Was out there on Sunday.
    Discus and African Cichlids running off the same centralised system.

Another tank that was about six inches deep had about a hundred cichlids or more in it.

No need to say any more..

I agree. Goldfish bowls should be banned and it should be illegal to keep fish

So too should those poxy fish tank frames that you hang on the wall.

Fcuking well hate them,and they are not good for the fish either.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

You've all just reminded me...I was in China a couple of months ago, and goldfish were sold in keyrings. Like this.

live-goldfish-keyrings-changquing.jpg

And I actually saw terrapins in the keyrings too.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Dutchology

Agreed, goldfish should not be in bowls. I have my few in a 60 litre tank with a 200 litre external filter and that is the absolute minimum in my eyes.

Please don't add any more to the bowl you have and seriously consider upgrading the enclosure for the existing fish.

As fo the keychains... Sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

agreed get a tank for your fish. that key ring thing is disgraceful

Seahorse Aquariams out beside Fiat HQ and Red Cow Hotel is another great place for good healthy fish of all sorts and types.

reccomend them as a very satisfied customer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

paddy147 wrote: »
    Seahorse Aquariams out beside Fiat HQ and Red Cow Hotel is another great place for good healthy fish of all sorts and types.

reccomend them as a very satisfied customer.:)

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Seahorse Aquariums beside Red Cow
    FinsFurFeathers in Swords.

Anytime I'm in Dublin, I'll make it a point of visiting both.

But don't put any more in the damn bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

If you are into Malawi or Tanganyika Cichlids then FFF in Swords is the place
    to be. They have some stunning F1 Africans in there now.

Advertisement