Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest petrol.

Options
  • 23-01-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Just wondering where one can purchase the cheapest petrol at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Em, Lee garage on model farm road used to be good, but not as recent. The amber station in Mayfield on the back road to glanmire is always good, has been that way for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

South Link service station is the cheapest for me. It may be one cent more expensive than the cheapest place in Cork but its on my way home so i dont waste any petrol going to find cheap petrol.

Some people drive for miles to save 2c per litre :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Lee Garage are as expensive as anywhere else, despite their 'low fuel prices' signage outside. The South Link service station is perpetually one of the cheapest, and the Boreenmana Maxol is never too far behind them, usually a cent, and sometimes the same. Amber in Mayfield is always worth a shot too, and Applegreen in Ballincollig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Callaghans Ballyvolane cross roads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

charlemont wrote: »
    Callaghans Ballyvolane cross roads

yeah that place is always cheaper than anywhere, its a bit out of my way to get petrol but a guy in work is always telling me the prices:)

as paintdoc said the garage on the south link and boreenmana road are usually fairly cheap,

people who buy petrol at texaco on skehard road and select in douglas must be bloody mad, easily 4cent per litre cheaper than elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yup! Callaghan's and the Maxol at Mayfield are always pretty cheap for petrol. What I can't understand is why the Texaco round the corner on the North Link is so expensive. No wonder that garage is always empty!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Callaghans in Mayfield is the cheapest I can find :D. Another cheap place is Great Fuel Deals in Knocknaheeny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Cian92 wrote: »
    Callaghans in Mayfield is the cheapest I can find :D. Another cheap place is Great Fuel Deals in Knocknaheeny :)

Callaghan's is on the Ballyhooley Road!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

PcAngel wrote: »
    Just wondering where one can purchase the cheapest petrol at the moment.

try having a look at www.pumps.ie

its a good website, regularly updated

Pentagon Service Station near the bottom of Forge Hill just off the link at Tramore Rd exit. Bastad car only does 20mpg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

i got petrol yesterday for €1.39 per litre at whites cross filling station. its the cheapest in cork as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

if you spend more than €50 in supervalue in midleton you get a voucher at the tilll with your receipt, and get .05C off per litre in local Texaco petrol station across from Ford garage at entrance to midleton

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

scuby wrote: »
    if you spend more than €50 in supervalue in midleton you get a voucher at the tilll with your receipt, and get .05C off per litre in local Texaco petrol station across from Ford garage at entrance to midleton

Do you mean 5cent off or .05c (one twentieth of a cent)?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Hogzy wrote: »
    Do you mean 5cent off or .05c (one twentieth of a cent)?

sorry, 5cent off a litre.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Texaco Carrigaline is 1.42 a litre which is 2/3c depending on the day cheaper than the other locals. It's always deserted though. Saw a queue of 6 cars in Maxol Carrigaline last night when the price was 1.44.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BigDinny

i got some petrol in the Lee Garage on Model Farm Road on Thursday for 141.9 per litre, 2c per litre cheaper than the station on Harbour View Road

Advertisement