Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil heating instillation advice

• 23-01-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi There,

I am thinking of putting in Oil heating into my house, I currently have a stove and burn turf and timber which is fine but I would like to have the oil for when I’m not around to light the fire ect..

I have 7 radiators working off the stove, they are all new high efficient radiatorss they heat up pretty quick off the stove.

What type of oil burner boiler do I need? It doesn’t necessarily have to be super high efficient as it will not be used all the time, only to compliment the stove. I am considering buying a second hand boiler/burner and have an oil tank would that be advisable? What size/model of a boiler would be best.
    Would it matter if you had a boiler that can take a higher capacity (10-12 rads) or would it just end up using more oil than I would with a smaller boiler/burner.

Excuse my ignorance I know very little about plumbing!!

Advertisement