Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Classics

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can't see why people like any of the FF games, the fighting system sucks dong! Yes, i'm probably in a minority, but i hate, and haven't played, any games that use this stupid system of waiting...

The fighting system is different in every single final fantasy game. Also nothing wrong with turn based systems, I find it makes it much more tactical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

A year or so ago noodler started a topic about PS2 hidden gems, right about when I was trying to catch up on a ton of games, and I ended up with about 50 PS2 games. Slowly making my way through them. I haven't played Beyond Good and Evil though, always meant to pick it up - and then Ubisoft announced the HD re-release so I'll be getting that.

I think back when I was a PC only gamer there were a lot of games that I loved that were received well but sold crap, like Hidden and Dangerous. I loved that game. It was so buggy on release but when it worked it was incredible.
    noodler wrote: »
    I actually only have one at the moment that I intend to actually play (Rogue Galaxy..and that's GothPunk's!)
    And I can give you a loan of the God of War Collection and God Of War III when you're done if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Grand Prix Legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Sacrifice, Freedom Force and Freedom Fighters are ones i really liked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

krudler wrote: »
    Mirrors Edge

and yes I'm serious, its got flaws, but its different. you can pick it up for about a fiver new these days, I paid 7 quid for it in game last year.

Possibly the best game I played in 2008. Absolutely loved it. Everything from the gameplay to the soundtrack were magic. It's criminal not to pick this one up for the price it goes for these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The fighting system is different in every single final fantasy game. Also nothing wrong with turn based systems, I find it makes it much more tactical.

Didn't realise that, but maybe i'm just classing them all as turn-based, and thus not care how different they are because they're all turn based. I got FFXIII in the lucky bag for PS3 from GS, might attempt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Vampire Bloodlines had decent reviews , the only thing people didnt like were the bugs (which were many). It's one of my favourite games and it only sold about 70,000 copies when it came out i believe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didn't realise that, but maybe i'm just classing them all as turn-based, and thus not care how different they are because they're all turn based. I got FFXIII in the lucky bag for PS3 from GS, might attempt it...

I gaurantee you'll hate that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Has to be Outcast for me.

An amazing game, if you can get your hands on it these days its worth the play. Only problem I can think of is, some of the visuals weren't really up to scratch back in the day, so it will probably look shocking now.

I was gutted when there was no sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I gaurantee you'll hate that one.

Ya, see, i played 2 hours of it today, and while the fighting system in it didn't seem to be as annoying as the last one i tried (FFVII), it seemed like they were deliberately trying to make the dialogue and voice acting god awful! I had to stop playing it as it was angering me that it could deliberately be this way!

So, needless to say, into GameStop tomorrow to trade it in! Along with Shaun White, OF:DR, and a few others! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement