Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath East: General Election 2011 Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nobberroadcrew

Yates says that it should be a battle for the final seat between Thomas Byrne of Fianna Fáil and Regina Doherty of Fine Gael. Is this basically telling people that if we want to keep a check on Fine Gael in Meath East, we have to give a preference to a Fianna Fáil candidate? (by all accounts Thomas Byrne is a very decent man; it'll just take me a long time to get over Ahern, McCreevy, ridiculous expenses and the rest of it)

Change the voting system![/QUOTE]

I'm giving the no.1 to gallagher he is hard working, spoke well on lmfm this morning and it'll stop either of the 2 sides of the one coin getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    Does anybody know of any professional poll on the Meath East constituency?

Probably as accurate as you'll get:
    Shane McEntee (FG)
    1/18
    Dominic Hannigan (Lab)
    1/18
    Thomas Byrne (FF)
    8/13
    Regina Doherty (FG)
    4/6
    Nick Killian (FF)
    15/2
    Michael Gallagher (SF)
    14/1
    Sharon Keogan (Ind)
    20/1
    Joe Bonner (Ind)
    20/1
    Sean O Buachalla (GP)
    50/1
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/irish-government?ev_oc_grp_ids=398451

FF better not get a sniff of a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

rpurfield wrote: »
    sharon keoghan formerly of FF is running as an independent.her OH seamus o'neill is a councillor from duleek.according to what my father told me she was on the FF national executive and wanted the second nomination off them but they passed her over for that chap from ratoath so shes going as an independent.i reckon shell take a lot of votes from duleek and probably do FF major damage there.

on another note grange rath is part of louth now for this election.thomas byrne lives there so hows he able to run in meath east?

Now the fight is over I though we might get to become pundits. I thought it disgraceful that sharon Keoghan ran. She is still on the national exectuitive of fianna fail. She should be thrown out after this. Although after meeting her and seeing all the money she put into her campagn i cannot see this happen as fianna fail need all the support they can get.

2 things struck me funny about her campagn. 1. She never called for her no.2 to go to thomas byrne despite being on the national exectuitive. This is prob a good move though by her. 2. She is in the stubbs gazette for money owed to the tax man. I did not think she could run for election on these grounds...Seems i was wrong.

Will she get in? and if so will she return to the fold so to speak or will she make meath matter?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Will she get in? and if so will she return to the fold so to speak or will she make meath matter?
    Not a hope will she get near a seat.
    According to RTE, tallies indicate Hannigan topped the poll with Regina Doherty second. 3rd seat is between Shane McEntee and Thomas Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Now the fight is over I though we might get to become pundits. I thought it disgraceful that sharon Keoghan ran. She is still on the national exectuitive of fianna fail. She should be thrown out after this. Although after meeting her and seeing all the money she put into her campagn i cannot see this happen as fianna fail need all the support they can get.

2 things struck me funny about her campagn. 1. She never called for her no.2 to go to thomas byrne despite being on the national exectuitive. This is prob a good move though by her. 2. She is in the stubbs gazette for money owed to the tax man. I did not think she could run for election on these grounds...Seems i was wrong.

Also have you read her webpage, full of spelling and grammar mistakes, you click on the policy section and the page is empty, then you look up local area and the biggest town in the constituency is missing (ashbourne) seems to be slap done job to me....probably would have being better to stay with ff, might give her some lift in the next election, and proper people to look over the website before it goes live :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Now that it's over, when must the posters be removed? Most are gone here in Ashbourne, except for Michael Gallagher of Sinn Fein. And what about the non-biodegradable plastic ties? Many are left on poles all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Seasoft wrote: »
    Now that it's over, when must the posters be removed? Most are gone here in Ashbourne, except for Michael Gallagher of Sinn Fein. And what about the non-biodegradable plastic ties? Many are left on poles all over the place.

I think they have a week to remove them then they start getting fined...

No one is proven responsable for the cable ties...always been a bone of contention for me. They should be party coded and removed.

Advertisement