Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What on earth is "consomme broiled flounder"?

Options
  • 23-01-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I must admit that this is the first time I have come across any of those three words. Ive learned that flounder is a fish and that broiling can be done in an oven (6 mins per inch). But the consumme has me confused.

Do I broil the fish first and the let it simmer in a veg stock?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Isn't broiling the American term for grilling? I may be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

A flounder is a fish - a flat fish. Broiling is what the Americans call what we call grilling (ie, heat above the food), and a consommé is like a clear broth or soup with quite an intense flavour. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Hi Faith. I think it might be both. But the consumme has me totally confused lol. I don't know what to do there.

This was listed in a menu to help with low blood sugar problem, hypoglycemia. But it wasnt elaborated on.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Darkginger wrote: »
    A flounder is a fish - a flat fish. Broiling is what the Americans call what we call grilling (ie, heat above the food), and a consommé is like a clear broth or soup with quite an intense flavour. Hope that helps!
    Thanks Darkginger
    . I might just make a broth so and drop the fish in.

Advertisement