Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting Hotmail Account

Options
  • 23-01-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is in correct forum so Mods, move it if it's not!

My hotmail account has been giving me no end of trouble, sending hundreds of spam emails out to my contacts - I've changed my password, run a virus check (have macafee?) and now I'm trying to delete the whole account but I've done it twice now and yet a week later, I'm still able to sign in and the mails are still being sent? What am I doing wrong?

Help!!

Please bear in mind, I am not very technologically minded!! :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I think it is 6 weeks of no use is what required for the account to be disabled

How are you accessing Hotmail?

if through the hotmail website you should try changing the password again

if you are using outlook do not put the new password in the application.

ask one of your friends to forward you some of the spam check the headers of the email (get someone to help you with this) to veryify that it is coming from your account and not that the reply to address your account.

Also this question is in completely the wrong section :D

Advertisement