Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H General Election Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Its 4 seats in Waterford. There are no 2 seaters, its 3 minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Its 4 seats in Waterford. There are no 2 seaters, its 3 minimum.

Ah, well the final count is in now!

Final Waterford tally, frontrunners: Deasy (FG) 20.22%, Coffey (FG) 17.79%, Kenneally (FF) 13.9%, Conway (Lab) 10.3%, Cullinane (SF) 10.1%, Halligan (Ind) 10.06%, Ryan (Lab) 8.58%

So Deasy, Coffey, Kenneally and Conway are Waterford's seats?

Noel2k9 wrote: »

Final Waterford tally, frontrunners: Deasy (FG) 20.22%, Coffey (FG) 17.79%, Kenneally (FF) 13.9%, Conway (Lab) 10.3%, Cullinane (SF) 10.1%, Halligan (Ind) 10.06%, Ryan (Lab) 8.58%

No they haven't done the proper count yet and transfers haven't been taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Looks like healy rae is getting in again :mad:

Worse, Healy-Rae's son is gettng in meaning we have decades of parochial nonsense to look forward to. Hopefully the government won't need his support this time though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Looking like four FG and one FF in Mayo.... I hate this county :mad:

Jaysus! :eek:

4/5 FG....that's shocking. And rather depressing.

In the 90s Mayo was all Fianna Fail, now we're all Fine Gael. So everything has changed and nothing has changed. I wish I'd moved my vote to Galway West.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Dude I know nothing of elections but youre even worse than me :P

Deasy and Coffey were always gonna get through and Kenneally almost certain but I heard (form my mam) that its gonna be a dog fight between him, Conway and apparently Halligan for the last 2 seats! Oh and Cullinane is there abouts but I a good bit is gonna depend on who his votes transfer to.

But thats only from tallies and shizz first count isnt until half 5!

Worse, Healy-Rae's son is gettng in meaning we have decades of parochial nonsense to look forward to. Hopefully the government won't need his support this time though.
    Scratch that, looks like the transfers wont work in his favour :D

Scratch that, looks like the transfers wont work in his favour :D

Delighted. Is there any chance of John O'Donoghue losing out?

• Advertisement

Delighted. Is there any chance of John O'Donoghue losing out?
    Slight, he was polling in fourth after the first count.

Brendan Griffin - 8680 (19.9%)
    Michael Healy-Rae - 6697 (15.4%)
    Tom Fleming - 6370 (13.6%)
    John O'Donoghue - 5777 (13.3%)
    Tom Sheahan - 5674 (13.0%)
    Marie Moloney - 4964 (11.4%)
    Michael Gleeson - 4615 (10.6%)
    Oonagh Comerford - 331 (0.8%)
    Richard Behal - 259 (0.6%)
    Dermot Finn - 231 (0.5%)

Quota estimated at around 11,000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Shane Ross tops the poll in South Dublin with nearly five thousand over the quota. Where his second preferences go is going to be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I need a life, apart from a few hours in the afternoon when I was out, I've spent my whole day watching this. No one cares about Galway East. :( well neither do I tbf, it's a bit of a dud constituency. I'm way more interested in Galway West.

But yeah I actually know nothing about whats going on in Galway at all.:confused:

Even the Galway Advertiser doesn't care about Galway East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Looks like healy rae is getting in again :mad:
    In the election thread in AH some guy got killed for putting him as number one :pac:

Some absolutely useless FF guy whose main policy was to stop pay parking in the town where I live is coming second in my constituency. WHY DOES NO-ONE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TD AND A LOCAL COUNCILLOR?! I hate people.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Dude I know nothing of elections but youre even worse than me :P

Deasy and Coffey were always gonna get through and Kenneally almost certain but I heard (form my mam) that its gonna be a dog fight between him, Conway and apparently Halligan for the last 2 seats! Oh and Cullinane is there abouts but I a good bit is gonna depend on who his votes transfer to.

But thats only from tallies and shizz first count isnt until half 5!

WLR said Conway's gonna get in anyway so Kenneallys probably outta the running.. Coffey and Deasy are through anyway, their votes just went pppppeeeeewwwww.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Talleymen in Waterford thought there was only 52 of those places, turns out its 54..
    Tallies are off by roughly 2000 votes in Waterford now and the First count is delayed until Half 6

Jesus like theres places in Dublin finished/almost finished :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

amacachi wrote: »
    Genuine question, (I may be misremembering) but if one prefers FG's economic policy what reason is there to vote against them?

Sure it'll be grand.
    **** social progress, nothing matters except how much money we take home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Sure it'll be grand.
    **** social progress, nothing matters except how much money we take home.

:rolleyes: What would Labour do to promote "social progress" exactly?

Two men carrying altered Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael posters have been removed from Cork city Hall by Gardaí.
    The men who say they represent a protest group called Tir Na cGasta entered the building carrying a posters depicting Enda Kenny as a woman and Micheál Martin as a priest.
    The men entered the count centre for a few minutes before they were removed by gardaí and count officials.
    lolwhut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

w00t! Seán Sherlock (Lab) elected on first count in Cork East. :D \o/

Sandra McLellan (SF) in third, polling much better than I thought she would. Depending on how transfers go, we may have a Sinn Féin TD for the first time down here!

Adams gets in in Louth and gets one of the highest first preferences in the country. Over 15,000.

No shock for Gerry Adams anyway..

Does Brian Lenihan still have cancer?

No shock for Gerry Adams anyway..

True. Thought he would get in but not top the poll. Shows what a name gets you these days. Wallace, Ross and Adams all topping the poll the first time they run for the Dail
    Does Brian Lenihan still have cancer?

Don't know but the fact he ran again probably says that it is probably gone or very nearly there.

unknown13 wrote: »
    True. Thought he would get in but not top the poll. Shows what a name gets you these days. Wallace, Ross and Adams all topping the poll the first time they run for the Dail

Don't know but the fact he ran again probably says that it is probably gone or very nearly there.

Your man behind Adams seems happier than him about it.. He looks like an awful eejit. I was hoping SF wouldn't get any seats, their campaign messages are just so ridiculous "We'll fight for your country" are on the ones down here, seems awfully stupid like..

Yeah I was thinking. Fair play to him for running when he's fighting it like.

I used to be terrified of Gerry Adams when I was small. I kind of still am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

unknown13 wrote: »
    True. Thought he would get in but not top the poll.

Always had a feeling he would top the poll. Not surprised at all personally. You could feel his support generating here.

Moar Cork constituencies please, bitches need to count faster

Namlub wrote: »
    I used to be terrified of Gerry Adams when I was small. I kind of still am...

My mam keeps going "He doesn't deserve a place.. He's the IRA.. he deserves to be shot" I'm just like erra... hi

*She's old...

• Advertisement

Is he really in the IRA though?

Advertisement