Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clondalkin Comedy Club

Options
  • 24-01-2011 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm from Clondalkin and like a lot of people in Clondalkin I have been unemployed for a while and I'm gettin bored looking a the same crap on telly.
    I have always liked stand up open mic nights (never actually had the nerve to get up and give it a go) and I was wondering if any like minded people who think they could muster up a 10 minute stand up act would be interested in meeting to create a comedy workshop in clondalkin.
    The intention is to meet up, have a few cup's of tea or a pint when one can afford to, and basically get to a point where we could possibley hold a charity stand up night somewhere in Clondalkin possibley Aras Chronain as they have always been good to the performing arts in Clondalkin.
    I use to be an enthusiastic musician and amateur band promoter, so I can probably do a lot of the organising and I can provide the PA and Mics for such an evening, really what I need is enthusiastic contributors.
    If you think you'd be interested send me a message or reply here and we can perhaps organise to meet up somewhere and see if this concept might be a runner.

Regards

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

It's a good idea, just a suggestion but if you put some flyers around some bars and cafes in the area (if you're looking for people specifically from Clondalkin) you'll get a more concentrated response from people in the community than you may here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MoosicBitch89

i love comedy but no good at it...do need more activities in clondalkin though its gettin too boring at this stage haha...hope it wrks out for ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭antkeane

Being raped on the way home sounds like fun on paper.
    Do one in Dublin and ill give it a crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MoosicBitch89

now now thats not nice...clondalkin isn't all that bad... there are already comedy clubs in dublin btw..

Advertisement