Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.E. Teaching UCC

Options
  • 24-01-2011 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi was just wondering does anybody know how to get the timetable for this course CK116 I am applying as a mature student Hopefully I will get it all going well will just have to wait and see goin do CAO Form tom also how long will it take for me to get CAO Num OR will I get once I fill up the form, I then have to register for a MSAP Exam on feb 19th any body doing this course as a mature student with advice would much appreciate it I just turned 30 dont know if I am nuts to be doin this I have 3 children all in school now 5 9 and 13 also was goin to do History as second subject:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

I'm currently in 1st year. I'm doing history as my other subject. There are a few people on it with kids and loys of mature students. First semester is tough. You have lots of hours and a fair bit of work to do. It seems to have calmed down a bit fot this semester. They might change it but roughly in:
    • Mon 9 - 5
    • Tues 11 - 3
    • Wed 9 -5
    • Thurs 12 - 5
    • Fri 9 - 4
    Now you have a few hours off inbetween these times but I was doing around 20hours a week in semester 1

Any other questions give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

angie07 wrote: »
    Hi was just wondering does anybody know how to get the timetable for this course CK116 I am applying as a mature student Hopefully I will get it all going well will just have to wait and see goin do CAO Form tom also how long will it take for me to get CAO Num OR will I get once I fill up the form, I then have to register for a MSAP Exam on feb 19th any body doing this course as a mature student with advice would much appreciate it I just turned 30 dont know if I am nuts to be doin this I have 3 children all in school now 5 9 and 13 also was goin to do History as second subject:):):)

Hi Angie, Im a mature student also in 1st year and doing History...The timetable is as GSOIRL said...It is enjoyable but a lot of work especially in 1st semester...There are plenty mature students in our class and only about 60 on the course so it is easy to mix with everybody...MSAP test is ok just do the examples and google the structure of an essay before hand....The main part is your personal statement..emphasise why you want to do the course and include any relevant experience, i,e. coaching, sports background, any volunteering i.e. summer camps etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 angie07

GSOIRL wrote: »
    I'm currently in 1st year. I'm doing history as my other subject. There are a few people on it with kids and loys of mature students. First semester is tough. You have lots of hours and a fair bit of work to do. It seems to have calmed down a bit fot this semester. They might change it but roughly in:
    • Mon 9 - 5
    • Tues 11 - 3
    • Wed 9 -5
    • Thurs 12 - 5
    • Fri 9 - 4
    Now you have a few hours off inbetween these times but I was doing around 20hours a week in semester 1

Any other questions give me a shout.
    Thanks for the advice really helped me at least I have an Idea now what to expect hopefully I will get the course 10 places for mature students so fingers crossed i will get in

• Registered Users Posts: 20 angie07

2mature wrote: »
    Hi Angie, Im a mature student also in 1st year and doing History...The timetable is as GSOIRL said...It is enjoyable but a lot of work especially in 1st semester...There are plenty mature students in our class and only about 60 on the course so it is easy to mix with everybody...MSAP test is ok just do the examples and google the structure of an essay before hand....The main part is your personal statement..emphasise why you want to do the course and include any relevant experience, i,e. coaching, sports background, any volunteering i.e. summer camps etc...

Thanks for advice did you get the course first go, I have looked up the sample questions I did not buy the handbook I will have a look at essay structures I'm dreading it really hopefully I will do ok on it......... thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

angie07 wrote: »
    Thanks for advice did you get the course first go, I have looked up the sample questions I did not buy the handbook I will have a look at essay structures I'm dreading it really hopefully I will do ok on it......... thanks again

Ya I got in first time, A strong personal statement is the key, I wouldnyt worry bout buying the boook, sample questions give you the idea...best of luck, any more questions just mail me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement