Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the CAO Confidential?

• 24-01-2011 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

im in college but slightly unhappy with my course. Im not sure if I want something different but I might fill out the cao just in case.

will my current college know that I did this? (i still may stick with my course and id rather they didnt)
    will my former school be contacted? (for leaving cert results or for garda vetting or something?)

or is the cao 100% confidential in that people dont even know if you filled it out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

No your college won't know, and no your former school won't be contacted. Your results will be obtained from the Dept by the CAO.

Nobody need know unless you tell them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 medicine

coolmoose wrote: »
    Dept by the CAO.
    the department of education give me a grant surely they wont care?
    oh shít. will i still get my grant if i switch during/at the end of 1st year?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

medicine wrote: »
    the department of education give me a grant surely they wont care?
    oh shít. will i still get my grant if i switch during/at the end of 1st year?:eek:
    The way the grant is that you get money for one year one, one year two and so on. So just say you get your grant for the full year 1 of the course you're in now, then drop out and do another course, you won't get anything for the year 1 of the other course, but you will for years 2 etc.

Advertisement