Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finding my birth parents

Options
  • 24-01-2011 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I was adopted in 1989 about 1-2 months after I was born. I'm now 21 and am keen to find out who my birth parents are but I haven't a clue where to start! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi matty, take a look at the tracing guides on here they will help u in the right direction. have u contacted the adoption agency u where adopted through, i would suggest u do that and ask them to do a search for u, if ur not sure of the name of the adoption agency contact the adoption board and they will be able to tell u who holds ur file.u could also put ur name on the adoption contact register, u can download the appplication form from the adoption board website. good luck...kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

I think the adoption agency where I was adopted from has closed down since so I might start with the aplication form unless I wonder would they have handed their records over to the HSE or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi matty, the adoption board will be able to tell u who has ur records now..kathy

Advertisement