Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

George St. Pierre vrs Anserson Silva

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Give me Belfort,Silva over GSP,Silva any day,way better fight

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

TheProdigy wrote: »
    I knew you would be responding to that at some time, we have previously identified in other threads that your rose tinted glasses for Mr. Sonnen are hampering your opinion on the facts. :rolleyes:

Whatever his medical condition he still had 4 times, iirc, the approved amount of testosterone in his body. I don't see why he couldn't inject himself with the required amount to bring him up to speed with the normal amount of testosterone in the average persons body, 4 times over the limit is controversial to say the least. Can you justify why he had 4 times the required limit in his system?

And I don't have any time or admiration for the above mentioned athletes either. Just because PED's are becoming more evident it shouldn't mean it is more acceptable or the fans should be less critical, its cheating.

I knew it was a trap :pac:

Sure, he was over the limit, but then you have to take away everyone's achievements if they've ever tested positive. Nate Marquardt, Shane Carwin's been linked to steroids, Lance Armstrong's amazingly high testosterone level.
    I'm just saying that most of Sonnen's work was his own doing, sure, the steroids had some part to play, but not half as much as everyone makes out they did.

And your last point is completely true, PEDs are a form of cheating and should be clamped down on. Anyways, enough about "The Most Interesting Man In The World" :rolleyes:

GSP would demolish Silva imo, Silva's always had trouble with wrestlers and GSP wouldn't be foolish enough to get caught in a last round triangle choke, or try and stand with Anderson, he'd take him down and keep him there for the 5 rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Would be one hell of an interesting fight! As good as GSP's wrestling is I still think Anderson is just too big for GSP!

I imagine it would be a standup fight for a lot of it. GSP really showed some serious boxing versus Koscheck but Koscheck is probably an easier opponent than Anderson Silva by a long shot.

I would love to see Anderson Silva batter the **** out of GSP. I like GSP, but Silva is so fun to watch (when he's not flopping around mocking people).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I am not convinced both Silva and GSP will win their next fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

I am not convinced both Silva and GSP will win their next fights.

I think GSP will considering how badly Shields tired in his last fight but that depends on how he handles the cut this time, could be a great grappling match if Shields doesn't gas early. GSP is streets ahead of him in the stand up aswell though.

Belfort and Silva is going to be a cracker imo, either one could win it at anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyreman1
    and who is dis frank trigg guy he finished?????? never heard of em lololol
    ScareGilly wrote: »
    I almost stopped listening after that, I definitely stopped after the "lololol"
    Go watch Matt Hughes - Frank Trigg 1 and 2..

Pretty sure this was meant as a joke, very serious this MMA forum lololol!

I think Sonnen showed how to beat Silva take him down and ground and pound. Im not a big fan of either, GSP is too nice and Silva, well is just to ignorant to speak english for whatever reason, his english was fine when speaking to Rachel Leah when they had the half hour show about him in Brazil....
    But then again id make the effort there to!

Anyways not their biggest fans but GSP's jits is way above Sonnens so i see him taking him down and keeping him there or just a lot of feints and circling and really boring with both afraid to commit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

ScareGilly wrote: »
    but then you have to take away everyone's achievements if they've ever tested positive.

its not really any achievement if you are on drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TheProdigy wrote: »
    I think GSP will considering how badly Shields tired in his last fight but that depends on how he handles the cut this time,

The cut this time isn't going to be as big, his previous fight was at 185 i think (he fought 175 but not immediately previous)

Advertisement