Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viva, No Sound, anyone else

• 24-01-2011 2:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Viva, 28.2E, 11895Mhz V 2/3 27500
    Getting picture but no sound, Anyone else?

Edit: Corrected mistake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Sound here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Darn, whats going on then I wonder? I'm using a VU+ Duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

dnme wrote: »
    Darn, whats going on then I wonder? I'm using a VU+ Duo.

No idea mate! Someone smarter than me can tell you, i'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

Press the Audio button on the remote and change to English....for music channels it defaults to some other stream for some reason.

dec2000 wrote: »
    Press the Audio button on the remote and change to English....for music channels it defaults to some other stream for some reason.

I tried that, there is only one audio option on this channel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Is Viva FTA on Astra 2?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Is Viva FTA on Astra 2?

Have you read my first post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Is Viva even on 28.2 at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

That's a bit of a smart answer considering you're wrong, Viva is FTV, curiously it clears on ex Irish sub cards, ex UK sub cards and 'Freesat from Sky cards'.

My AZBox picks up 4 audio feeds for Viva, 3 of which are blank.

Ah, so not FTA, my apologies. I'm no expert I just read the settings off my OSD. Note to self, please remember that this forum is packed with experts so thread carefully.

gtg60
    I read Minstrel27's question as ... Is Viva FTA on Astra 2? rather than the FTA bit, I was merely pointing him to my first post which clarified. But thank you for showing me the error of my ways, I'm sure I needed to be cut down a peg or two and no doubt I will be a better person for your valuable and timely intervention.

• Advertisement

Your sarcasm is showing. Hitch the pants up.

We are all not very smart and confused by the FTA assertion in the post. Not everyone has a Sky sub or card. Many "experts" only scan for FTA channels as deleting 4,578 encrypted channels is tedious. :)

Your first post was the confusing one.

watty wrote: »
    Your sarcasm is showing. Hitch the pants up.

We are all not very smart and confused by the FTA assertion in the post. Not everyone has a Sky sub or card. Many "experts" only scan for FTA channels as deleting 4,578 encrypted channels is tedious. :)

Your first post was the confusing one.

hey watty, what do you do for a living?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Hopefully nobody else does as it's wrong.

Your sarcasm is also not needed.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Hopefully nobody else does as it's wrong.

Your sarcasm is also not needed.

again thank you for the contributions. you're a real pal and such a nice fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

again thank you for the contributions. you're a real pal and such a nice fella.

Not smart

gtg60 wrote: »
    That's a bit of a smart answer considering you're wrong

This is what pissed me off! It was so bitchy and petty. Jesus could you not have put it something like "You're wrong about FTA, its part of Sky".

So I responded with a bit of light sarcasm, did not insult anyone, did not get personal, apologized for my mistake, corrected my mistake but you fellas have to have the last word. And thanks for reporting me. My god talk about the elite sticking together. I can just see the pm's that were sent.

You're a pathetic bunch, some of you overdo it here bigtime. I have seen posts here destroyed by your tit for tat "I know more than you" battles and I have never posted nor seen a thread on here where the mighty watty did not get involved in his dogmatic way. One wonders where he gets all the time.

So ban away. I'll enjoy the holiday away from the experts who get a little touchy from time to time. Like I say - pathetic!

Night now

:D:D:D

I make my living out of being expert about Broadcast, Telecoms, Electronics and Computers.

Sometimes I'm wrong. Mostly I admit I'm wrong when I'm wrong. I type fast too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Enough's enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement