Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so, could we see one more snow event before the winter is out?

Options
  • 24-01-2011 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

Its actually coming up to february 2nd, this time 2 years ago in 2009, some of us witnessed the best snow event in many years!

heres the original thread for that event http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055474548

I remember coming home from work that evening, the city was grand just rain. when i got out to clonsilla, I couldn't believe what I was seeing! the amount of snow on the ground and still falling!

So the question I have got to ask is could we a repeat of this? Could we see one more snow event before this winter is over or have we seen the end of it with just the usual rain crap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Of course no one can say for certain but it would be a real kick in the teeth if we didn't see some snow in the next 35 days. As i mentioned in the other thread in a la nina winter the weather often turns wintry around the last week in February.

If what you're really asking is will we severe and snowy cold lasting 7-9 days i'd say the chances of that are unlikely. Feel free to remind me of this post if i'm wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yawn, this snow talk is getting really boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

agreed, we'll be into april or may and i'm expecting to see a snow thread on here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's boring when there's no snow or any sign of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I know!, who'd have thunk it a thread about snow in winter on a weather forum of all places!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

One more? I think we'll see at least 2 or 3 more snow events before winters out, next month is our best chance for snow, tbh I cannot recall a snowless Febraury for many years and March has been quite snowy lately too, so winter is far from over yet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Its worse with no storms where the hell are they all gone. Bring on a good storm anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

There are now two threads running on the same topic, so I am closing this one and would ask you to use the original one here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056159622

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement