Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Road to Kent Station

Options
  • 24-01-2011 5:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I know the number 5 bus goes from College Road to Kent Station but does anyone know approx how long it takes to go from UCC to the train station?? Need to make a half 10 train and I've a lecture finishing at 10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Jaysus yer up late for a 9am lecture!
    It'll take about 10-15 mins from UCC to the station, there should be a bus on college road at about 10.10am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Iron Hide wrote: »
    Jaysus yer up late for a 9am lecture!
    It'll take about 10-15 mins from UCC to the station, there should be a bus on college road at about 10.10am

Its Tuesday morning I've to make the train, and yea I know, I've also a 9am today :p Just thought I'd post it here now cos you never know with these places about people gettin back to you :p

Thanks a million though! and either your up very late or very early?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Not a bother! Bit of both fell asleep on the couch after work and woke bout 20 mins ago, gotta make a bus at 7.10 myself for work so figured no point in goin back to sleep :(

Ouch thats rough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just to note that the 5 bus that goes from College Road to the train station may, depending on how well it's keeping to timetable, stop on Patrick St for a while. TBH, having done the route many times, I would NOT chance getting the bus if you want to be sure to make the train.

• Advertisement

So best bet is to just skip the lecture and hop on a bus at a quarter to ten or something?

So best bet is to just skip the lecture and hop on a bus at a quarter to ten or something?

I'd go even earlier TBH. My experience with that route suggests that the appearance of a bus is an entirely random event - although may not be as bad at the time you're going (i.e. not peak hours). Last time I "got" that bus, I waited for an hour before hailing a passing taxi to make my train.

Re my point earlier: looking at the timetable I *think* you can add 30 minutes to the "from CIT" time to get the "from Patrck St" time, i.e. the bus that leaves CIT at 10.00 will hit UCC at 10.10/10.15 and leaves Patrick St at 10.30. If it gets to Patrick St at 10.20, it will wait for 10 mins. Journey from Patrick St to station is about 5 mins (or 10 - 15 walking).

I'd go even earlier TBH. My experience with that route suggests that the appearance of a bus is an entirely random event - although may not be as bad at the time you're going (i.e. not peak hours). Last time I "got" that bus, I waited for an hour before hailing a passing taxi to make my train.

Re my point earlier: looking at the timetable I *think* you can add 30 minutes to the "from CIT" time to get the "from Patrck St" time, i.e. the bus that leaves CIT at 10.00 will hit UCC at 10.10/10.15 and leaves Patrick St at 10.30. If it gets to Patrick St at 10.20, it will wait for 10 mins. Journey from Patrick St to station is about 5 mins (or 10 - 15 walking).

So really your saying get to College Road around 9 and hop on the first number 5 I see? :p

So really your saying get to College Road around 9 and hop on the first number 5 I see? :p

Pretty much, yeah! I've had my day ruined by that ****ing 5 bus plenty of times! No doubt it will turn up bang on time for you and get you to the station an hour early!

Pretty much, yeah! I've had my day ruined by that ****ing 5 bus plenty of times! No doubt it will turn up bang on time for you and get you to the station an hour early!

Probably :p knowing everybodys luck like :L

Thanks a million :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement