Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power Instinct

• 24-01-2011 7:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure weather to post this here or in the Fighting Game forums, but considering it's age, I decided this would be the better option.

Stumbled upon Power Instinct randomly while mooching through games online, and I've gotta say, it looks like a real gem. When I saw the title, I took it for granted that it would be a spoof of Killer Instinct. But after checking online, I learned that it was released a few years before KI. It doesn't seem to take itself too seriously, and has a few strange characters (most noticably there's an auld one who spits her false teeth at the opponent as a special move). But it looks like a great fun one-on-one fighter.

Anyways, just wondering if any of you guys have played this, and what the verdict is.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

You should give it or the fourth installment a play. It's pretty standard stuff. The graphics are not up to much compared with the likes of Street fighter 2 which was released 3 years earlier. One thing I will say gave me a laugh was the music and sfx, particularly the White Buffalo's stage in the first one! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Very tempted to try and hunt down the first one for the Snes when I have a few quid to spare. Yeah, I agree, from what I've seen on youtube the graphics don't look mind-blowing, but then again, they don't look bad either. They kinda remind me of Streets Of Rage. Seems like they are drawn in a similar style.

It's the likes of the double jumpe and dash (at least, I think I saw some dashing) that really caught my eye, considering how long ago the game was released. That kinda stuff is fairly regular nowadays, but I don't remember seeing it appearing in fighters back in the early 90's.

Advertisement