Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames - Vicar St - 30th March

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

Just got myself two tickets for this and am really looking forward to it after seeing them at Electric Picnic. Just a quick question on the layout, it's all seating for the event and I've got tickets for Row 47 which isn't even referred to on the seating chart?!

[edit]Just realised that it's my table number[/edit]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just been told that someone is selling one ticket on eBay for €160! Makes me sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

That'll be an amazing show. They're doing the For The Birds album in full cause it's it's 10th anniversary. It was there first independently released album. Great album. I'd love to go but I seen them in Vicar Street last month and don't really have the money.

Knowing The Frames, I'm really hoping that they will stay on and play a few more :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Got 2 tickets for this myself. Looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

AdMMM wrote: »
    Knowing The Frames, I'm really hoping that they will stay on and play a few more :).

course they will, they will be playing more than just that album and interference are supporting it will be a great gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

One the greatest gigs of all time, amazing. You can't beat a 90 minute encore; left Vicar St almost 00:45am. Liam O'Manonlai joined them towards the end and was superb, never seen him as good, astonishing performance. Bronagh Gallagher, Damian Rice and a few others turned up but it was The Frames night and they were magical. Hope this was recorded and we might see a DVD of it or even a Live CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

yeah it was 12.45 when i got outside and i was one of the last, great gig altogether. roddy doyle was savage. funny stuff - liam as always a total legend, managed to get him to sign a set list.

One of the best nights of my life! Almost 4 hours of sheer brilliance! Their performance of headlong was one of the greatest songs that I have ever seen live. It quite simply soared.

Their encore was phenomenal. At times it felt as if Glen had invited us into his house to hear them jam. I was slightly disappointed when I realised that we wouldn't be hearing Fitzceraldo but their emotional ensemble tribute to Mic Christopher at the end put the cherry on the top of what will forever be a memorable evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

OutlawPete wrote: »
    One the greatest gigs of all time, amazing. You can't beat a 90 minute encore; left Vicar St almost 00:45am. Liam O'Manonlai joined them towards the end and was superb, never seen him as good, astonishing performance. Bronagh Gallagher, Damian Rice and a few others turned up but it was The Frames night and they were magical. Hope this was recorded and we might see a DVD of it or even a Live CD.

awesome evening and seriously good value for €30... but hey, it's the Frames.... they haven't let me down yet!! Headlong and Your face were savage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Was there too, awesome gig. Damien Rice and Bronagh sounded great, Liam was entertaining and they were all on great form. Knew it would be a good night when the support guys were playing Len Cohen on arrival. My own highlight was Roddy Doyle, hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Red Mosquito

Amazing Gig. Like our own "The Last Waltz"....it had it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Spoke to a few people who went to the gig. The enjoyed it but thought Interference stole the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

talkin about "the last waltz" did everyone get the Van Morrison ref??

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭deko43

Straight into my top 10 of all time gigs and I have been to hundreds.
    Hats off to Fergus and Maurice Seezer. Interferance have got to be
    the country's best kept secret. Never crazy about Liam O'M before but
    changed my mind last night. As for Glen and the lads.. well nuff said.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2011/03/31/a-gig-of-two-halves-the-frames-and-for-the-birds/

This piece sums up the night for me. I really would have preferred a few more of The Frames back-catalogue instead of Liam's antics which, while enjoyable at times, pale at the thought of being able to hear Star Star or Fitzcarraldo etc.

My capture of Stars are Underground and Revelate.

.....and my girlfriend's recording of Heyday...

UPDATE

What Happens When The Heart Just Stops

Santa Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

First time seeing The Frames and it was class. So glad to have been part of it. Liam was a bitmuch, would have prefered if he had left after the first song.

Cant wait for the full recording to surface. A mate says he has some of it but kept losing the stream.

If anyone has/comes across the recording, please let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

There is a stream of Glen tonight along with The Stunning live from the Olympia. I'll be popping along but might be worth recording for anyone that's not:

http://www.facebook.com/venueone

Advertisement