Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Guitar Lessons in Dublin

• 24-01-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭

Have played guitar for about 10ish years. I can play to a reasonable standard, in that I'd have no problem playing rhythm guitar in a band. Have always wanted to be able to play big ripping slash style solos though.

I'm thinking of getting myself a US Strat soon enough. I've never owned a decent guitar (played bass in a band for years so spent all my money on bass gear), so would like to own a Strat and learn how to play it properly. I'd be interested in taking lessons as its something I never bothered with. I know the best way to learn is to get some scales and practice like crazy but I felt I hit a brick wall trying to teach myself.

Can anybody recommend an advanced guitar teacher in South Dublin? Would be interested in blues type stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Not sure about lessons in Dublin. But a great book for learning lead properly is 'chord tone soloing' by Barret Tagliarino.

There's a guy who is brilliant in Dublin who used to busk on Grafton st. His youtube name is Guitardan666

He gives lessons I hear, and he would be great to learn from I'm sure. Send him a message or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

(played bass in a band for years so spent all my money on bass gear), so would like to own a Strat and learn how to play it properly.

Deserter !!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

i'd recommend guitardan. he's based on the northside. fantastic player. really improved my playing. relatively cheap lessons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SuperSlinky

Gary at www.dublinguitartutor.com is really good, I've taken lessons with him for over a year and we are doing electric blues now, just learned the 2 solos from Knocking On Heavens door, and am working on the scales so we can do more solos... he comes to your house too

Advertisement