Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio Documentary on Phobias

• 24-01-2011 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My name is Fiona and I'm a student out in IADT doing a masters in TV and Radio Broadcast Production.

We have to do a 30 minute radio documentary and I have chosen to do mine about phobias.

I've written on this board a few times, mainly talking about a phobia that I have; fear of the underside of gigantic boats. Yes, it may sound ridiculous to some but it's real enough for me!

For my documentary I want to clearly explain the difference between a phobia and a fear.

You always have people saying, oh I'm scared of spiders etc. but they don't know what a real sufferer of arachnophobia feels when they see a spider.

I'm planning on interviewing a hypnotherapist and a practitioner of NLP to find out the different ways of curing phobias that are out there.

But of course, I will need to interview sufferers of different phobias too. To find out what they think caused the phobia, what happens to them when they experience what it is they fear, ways they cope with their phobia etc.

So that's why I'm writing here! Would any of you out there be willing to participate in this?

As I said, it's a radio doc as opposed to a television one, so I'd only be recording sound so if anybody wishes to remain anonymous that is perfectly feasible.

You can get in touch with me here via PM if you're interested.

Thanks in advance,

Fiona

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fayrouz

Hi Fiona, my name is fayrouz and i am doing a radio documentary about the same topic, i am studing mass communication major Radio and Tv in Egypt, and we can share our information about this topic if you want :) , looking forward for your reply .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Good luck to both of you,im sure many will appreaciate your time and caring :)

Advertisement