Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for coddle?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

It's basically just a stew with rashers and sausages instead of beef. I'm not a fan of coddle, boiled sausages freak me out. Word on the street is that my ma makes a lovely coddle!!
    I think Shebeen Chic on George's Street do it. They do boxty and a few other Irishy type dinners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 cmaclo

I had the most amazing coddle a few weeks back in the Brock Inn on the old N2 road ... it's a bit out of town but so worth it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I love Coddle. I love when somebody who doesnt know what coddle is asks what is in it and then you see the look of horror on their face when you tell them about the boiled sausages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The mother just told me shes making coddle tomorrow, haven't had it in years and can't wait.:D Even better is my Dad and Bro don't eat it so more for me.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

The mother just told me shes making coddle tomorrow, haven't had it in years and can't wait.:D Even better is my Dad and Bro don't eat it so more for me.:p

drop some into the 4 roads for me. ill pick it up tomorrow night:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

kates cottage across from busaras does coddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

howiya wrote: »

Tasty one at that although I don't care for the "Soda loaf" it's served in. Much prefer a bowl with a slice or 2 of bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 donal11

Matt the Rashers

unbeatable coddle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

howiya wrote: »

Kates cottage seems to be closed down now.
    Used to be a great place to watch a match and get good food.

Anyone confirm if its gone for good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Stevecw wrote: »
    Kates cottage seems to be closed down now.
    Used to be a great place to watch a match and get good food.

Anyone confirm if its gone for good??

Against the Grain are opening a new craft beer pub there. It shall be called The Brew Dock, and is opening on the 11th of April at 5pm. Expect nice craft beers and yummy food. AFAIK Kates Cottage went bust shortly after New Years.

Edit: Although I can guarantee you'll never ever see a tv in there again :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Frank Ryans on Queen Street used to do a savage Coddle.

21/25

Advertisement