Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipod/computer synching question

• 24-01-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have an ipod shuffle at present, want to upgrade to an ipod nano with bigger memory, my question is can I run two ipods from the same computer/laptop? We only have the one laptop and it's got all my music for the shuffle on there, if I set up the new ipod, will it wipe what I've already got and I'll have to start again.

Ideally, I'd like the current music library to go straight onto the new ipod and then I can just add more as and when, I'm happy to just use the shuffle with the music it's got on it now as I only use it for walking.

Thanks if you can help (and hope I've made sense!)
    TP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

A similar topic covered over on the Portable Audio Devices forum, see here

You'll probably get more help over there. The way i'd tell you to do it would be messy and those guys probably know more about ipods than me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

ye it's fairly easy tbh.

The simple answer to your question is: Yes, you can have more than one ipod syncing with an itunes library.

You can sync music in 3 ways, and can set each ipod to a different method

1. Sync All songs and playlists. Does exactly that.

2. Sync Only checked songs. There is a check box beside every song in your library. If it's ticked, it will go onto the ipod, if not, it won't.
    *Note: If this option is not selected, the check boxes will be ignored on this iPod only. If another ipod is set to this setting then the check boxes will come into play.

3. Manually Manage Music (& Videos). You drag and drop whatever songs you want from your library, onto the ipod in the side bar. New songs added to the library won't go on unless you drag and drop.
    Nice idea, but nothing is automated so it can become very annoying.

All settings are selected from first choosing your ipod in the sidebar.
    Then, for 2 & 3, click the summary tab. If you choose "Checked Songs" then "Manually manage my music library" should be grayed out as you can't do both.

The first option is got at from the Music tab. The same goes for this, if you selected to do it manually, then some or all of this could be grayed out.

The wording will vary slightly as I can't recall it all from memory and will vary from iPod to iPod.
    As I said, both iPods can have different settings in this regard.

Hope it helps. Maybe next time try the Apple media Devices forum just so others looking for threads to help them out may start there and be able to see answers and helpful posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

thanks guys/gals, I will have a look at the other forum anyways, I never ever post here so was a bit lost!!
    Great info alexlyons, cheers for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The forum you need to go to for that query is the 'Apple Media Devices' forum, here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jennyjuan

HI, is that the video/audio format issue, if yes, you can have a try RZ Video Converter, I think it can help you, good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement