Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennedy's on the Quays

Options
  • 24-01-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

Is it closed down for renovations? I was planning a session there this Friday!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There was a burst pipe over the Christmas is what I heard.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056150294

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

according to their facebook its closed for renovations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I might try Delany's instead. It looks 'similar' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I might try Delany's instead. It looks 'similar' :)

Try the Welcome Inn on Parrnell St either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

cosmic wrote: »
    Try the Welcome Inn on Parrnell St either.

Another good pub. Although the music in Kennedy's is always better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Mulligans just around the corner, OP.

Thanks for the Tips. Yes Mulligans is a very decent boozer, I've been there a lot.

I ended up going to Delany's after all. It was like stepping back into the 70's. A cosy place, good Guinness at a good price.
    Went to the Cobblestone after that. I felt like I was in Dingle, but the smoking area is amazing, and I don't even smoke.
    After that, The Hacienda on Capel St. (you have to knock to get in). Then the Gypsy Rose on the quays. Now that is an interesting pub.
    Ended up in Bruxelles with legs like broken candle sticks. :eek:

Thanks for the Tips. Yes Mulligans is a very decent boozer, I've been there a lot.

I ended up going to Delany's after all. It was like stepping back into the 70's. A cosy place, good Guinness at a good price.
    Went to the Cobblestone after that. I felt like I was in Dingle, but the smoking area is amazing, and I don't even smoke.
    After that, The Hacienda on Capel St. (you have to knock to get in). Then the Gypsy Rose on the quays. Now that is an interesting pub.
    Ended up in Bruxelles with legs like broken candle sticks. :eek:

What's the Hacienda like? I've been meaning to stop in there some day soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Where is Delany's?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    What's the Hacienda like? I've been meaning to stop in there some day soon.

Its nice inside. I got a bit worried at first. Ring the bell, camera security. Then a dapper gent opens the door and invites us in.!

It was grand inside, fire lighting, interesting photos of guests on the wall. The Barman/owner (suspected tenent) is good for a conversation.

His theory is that if he doesnt like the look of the person outside, then they dont get in. Its hard to get them out once they are in.

I'd go back.

• Advertisement

dixiefly wrote: »
    Where is Delany's?

North King St.
    Walk up through the cobble-stone square square and at the top take a left. The pub is just on your right. 4.05 for a very decent guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Its nice inside. I got a bit worried at first. Ring the bell, camera security. Then a dapper gent opens the door and invites us in.!

It was grand inside, fire lighting, interesting photos of guests on the wall. The Barman/owner (suspected tenent) is good for a conversation.

His theory is that if he doesnt like the look of the person outside, then they dont get in. Its hard to get them out once they are in.

I'd go back.

Interesting! Being a frequent Capel Street drinker, I've never even heard of this place.. where exactly is it?

Interesting! Being a frequent Capel Street drinker, I've never even heard of this place.. where exactly is it?

It's on Little Green Street - Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

It's on Little Green Street...

Cheers.. I'll give that a go some evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MossyK

Kennedys pub is coming back from near death. According to the website it was water damaged and is being repaired/fixed up and will enter the world again - about time we got the best watering hole in Dub back - I hear its open before Christmas - looking foreward to a pint of G under the neon sign. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

MossyK wrote: »
    Kennedys pub is coming back from near death. According to the website it was water damaged and is being repaired/fixed up and will enter the world again - about time we got the best watering hole in Dub back - I hear its open before Christmas - looking foreward to a pint of G under the neon sign. Happy days

That's great to hear, everytime I went by it I was hoping that it open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Their facebook page says late November.

Hope it's true this time!

Great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Hope it's true this time!

Great spot!

Please say they haven't done it up.. sure, fix the leaky roof, but leave everything as is..

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Please say they haven't done it up.. sure, fix the leaky roof, but leave everything as is..

The roof was leaky?

As long as Ciaran is still blaring Yo La Tengo albums I'm there!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

The roof was leaky?

As long as Ciaran is still blaring Yo La Tengo albums I'm there!

Was there late one night and he had Loveless by My Bloody Valentine at full volume. It was magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Looks like Kennedy's is getting ready to re-open any day now - a couple of weeks ago I was passing and could see in - the place was gutted (so was I). The whole interior was just smooth grey plaster. I liked the ganky decor, the music, the ghosts of Dublin smokers long gone, the patrons from all walks of life, even the Man. The bar looks like it will be in much the same place as before. I could see in this week from the top of a bus that lighting is up, and the hoarding is down. Will they put back that neon sign in the window, I wonders. Watch this space ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Was in there last night. There was a full house. Inside is barely recognisable - it's all clean and fancy! When the paint smell dissipates it'll be lovely - it was a bit strong last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

I knew they'd renovate. What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Heading in tonight. Looking forward to seeing what it's like. A friend told me some people said it isn't the same. It's a pity when people do up bars and they lose the charm that brought people there in the first place. At least Ciaran is still there and the music is bound to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I think the place looks good. The exposed brickwork looks great and he's still playing great music. Looked like a better music system but it was hard to hear it as the place was pretty full. Joe from the Dice bar is working there now too. Great barman. The neon sign is coming back, they are just waiting to have it fitted or something.

Advertisement