Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5230

Options
  • 24-01-2011 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi there, Ive just got an upgrade to a Nokia 5230 touchscreen, which is lovely, but Im having a problem trying to extend the length of time it rings when im receiving a call. I cant find it anywhere in the settings. Currently, it rings twice and then goes to message minder. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59540487&postcount=15
    To extend your ring time, dial the following code:
    **61* Prefix 5 yournumber ** 30 # press send.
    eg: **61*08751234567**30#
    The 30 at the end means it will be 30 seconds which is the max time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jennym2

just tried that and it says, "request rejected"
    i put in **61*mynumber**30# and then hit dial...is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jennym2 wrote: »
    just tried that and it says, "request rejected"
    i put in **61*mynumber**30# and then hit dial...is that right?

Are you on o2 prepay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jennym2

no, metoer bill pay...ive found a workaround for nw tho. ive just gone into the call divert settings and deactivated the voice mailbox....seems to have worked, altho its not a permanent solution :<

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

You left out the 5 prefix to your number, had the same problem last week and called meteor then realised I had left out the 5. Included the 5 prefix and it works, delay now 30 secs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭k mac

hi different topic but i also am just after getting the same phone, i am not very tec savvy and wanted to know to use the sat nav and get the weather and gps and all these do i need to be connected to the net with my phone? And if so does it cost a fortune ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭k mac

This post has been deleted.
    Thanks i am on bill pay, the weather is working so maybe i don t need a connection for that .

Advertisement