If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

37" tv options

Options
  • 24-01-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a new tv - interested to see what offers you can make. My requirements are as follows:

37"
    LED backlighting
    100 Hz
    High contrast ratio, ideally a minimum of 1,000,000:1
    Net tv
    Use cable and satellite so MPEG4 more nice to have than essential

AND budget - €650.

Let's see how close you can come to meeting all those requirements within budget!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Stilt,

I'm afraid I'll have to blow your budget a little to match the specs your after.

We have the Philips 37PFL7605H TV on special in store at the moment for €809.99 - http://www.philipsshop.ie/sevenseries.htm

This is an edge lit LED LCD, 100Hz, MPEG 4, NetTV and contrast of 500,000:1 (I know that a little less than what you were after). This is also an Ambilight set.

Check it out and let me know what you reckon, or if you see anything else tempting on our website and you have any questions just send them on this way.

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stilt

Thanks for the reply Nicola!

It look great, I'll stop by the shop at some stage to see what it's like in action and if it can sway me to bust the budget :D

Wondering if the guys in Belfast have anything up their sleeves? Particularly interested in Samsung and Sony models, lads.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Stilt.

Sorry for the hold up.

We did have a Sony model but they seem to be changing a few models at present as stock of the existing models is non existent.

We do have a Samsung but it's an LCD, not an LED.

It's the LE37C650 which is currently £549.95 / 679 Euro. This has freeview HD / soarview, NET TV and is 100Hz.

We have these in stock and delivery would be £19.99.

Let me know what you think and apologies for the late reply.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stilt

Dave - sorry, I meant to come back to you to say that Nicola persuaded me on the PFL7605H!

I had tried a couple of times, unsuccessfully, to get a cd player through yourselves so I'll definitely be in touch re that soon.

Nicola - thanks so much for all the help. Took delivery on Saturday morning and have it hung and connected as of yesterday. Loving all the features - having great crack altogether :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.