Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom NGB line Rochestown

Options
  • 24-01-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

i've got a new eircom line, just last week installed and have signed up for 8gb ngb regular pack - seems to be going down every night at various times - the red light appears on the modem - does anyone know why this would be happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Welcome to Eircom!!!!

This is what is to be expected form eircom.

I had similar issues with them last year in the city. But it wasnt just during the night it was daytime also.

it took 2 months to solve. I wasnt the only one it effected.

Once that was solved i realised the router had a bunch of issues also.

If i was you i would try to opt out of contract and try another provider if possible.

EDIT: oh the problem was eircom doing work in the exchange. switching things on and off, moving around connections etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to eircom forum.

Could be a DSL sync issue, line fault, bad modem, filter problem, etc. You'll need to contact eircom to rule out sync and line fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jom1133 wrote: »
    i've got a new eircom line, just last week installed and have signed up for 8gb ngb regular pack - seems to be going down every night at various times - the red light appears on the modem - does anyone know why this would be happening?

Hi jom1133,

If you private message me with the eircom telephone number or account number I can look into that for you.

Thank, Mark

Advertisement