Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Online Store

Options
  • 24-01-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with phones bought from Meteor online, bought a phone for daughter before xmas and phone doesnt work, tried to return it, and such hassle to actually get jiffy bag form them to send phone back, now that its back, they say a delay in processing due to their priority being to send out orders still outstanding from xmas!!! Now they wont give any time line on getting money back only to say it will take ten working days after its processed... anyone help!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

First write a letter to Meteor, giving them 10 days (or more, or less, it's up to you, but should be reasonable) from now to process your refund, or you will go to the Small Claims Court to get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not much you can do really only wait, just to remember that it may cost 10 euro extra in a shop but you don't have to go through all that crap when there's a problem. Stick to bricks and mortar and you won't have the problem again and you'll also be helping to protect jobs in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gerberg

never ever again would i go near meteor online, and i advise anyone else to never go there again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Register the letter to Meteor, or at least get a certificate of postage (free).

I wouldn't knock an on-line purchase from one bad experience, you were aware prior to your purchase you were not dealing with a bricks and mortar contract and (likely) paid less, so your future 'hassle' should have been factored into your original purchase decision.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I generally buy online from lots of different companies, but have never come across anyone with the customer service like that, and by customer service, i dont mean the people, i mean the system/process of how they sevice customers, from order through to delivery to returns and dealing with returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

meteor online sux bigtime, my vodafone PAYG phone died 2 weeks ago, decided to switch to meteor bill pay.
    2 weeks later still no phone, their order mail says you'll get a contract within 2 days, i rang after 3 days, and was told it would be sorted, i rang again 5 days after i ordered, finally got the contract after 7 days since order.
    Sent it back straight away with all the required details, nothing.
    Rang today and was told i would be called back, never happened so before 5PM i rang again and they said they never got the contract( even though i know for sure they have it as i used company mail to send it ), so redid the contract and all docs again today and no doubt they'll ring me tomorrow looking for a 300euro deposit and if so they can go **** themselves, had enough, i wanted a phone 2 weeks ago, not all this crap.

Worst online experience i have ever had and i regularly order PC hardware from the UK.

Im still waiting for refund and it is almost impossible to get throught to them have to go through about 5 different operators, and tell your life story before they will say it is in the SYSTEM and is being processed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Why don't you try the Meteor Forums? Usually they're fairly decent for CS issues like this http://forums.meteor.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Have to say I'd no hassle returning a phone I bought online with Meteor. The packaging for return arrived within a few days of me emailing them, it did take a while to get the refund into my bank account, about 2 weeks after posting it back which was about 10 working days. No complaints though, I got my money back without chasing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

just an update, i finally got my phone after pestering them some more on the phone, took 2 and a half weeks. And you cant use their forums until they send you the contract because you have no number to register.

Anyways, i didnt get charged the 300euro deposit thankfully, but the signal is pretty damn crappy, no signal in at work whereas vodafone was fine and i notice a lot of blackspots, even in my house the signal is only 1 bar lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement