Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Tuam

Options
  • 24-01-2011 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm looking to rent a house in Tuam. Plenty of properties listed online for rent, all about the same rent more or less. I'd like somewhere quiet and peaceful.

Rivercrest and Country Meadows seem to come up a lot. Are these estates ok to live in? Other option is apartments but all seem pretty tiny and in the middle of the town centre.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Would appeciate any help from people in the know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Millstream Park is a nice spot. It's a quiet cul-de-sac just off the N17. Less than 5 mins walk to town centre, closer again to a garage/Spar. The houses are very spacious, more so than a newer build I would imagine and I know of at least one house that's vacant there to rent.

Been living in Millstream for a few years now and we're happy there, our kids like it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

galwayspur wrote: »
    Millstream Park is a nice spot. It's a quiet cul-de-sac just off the N17. Less than 5 mins walk to town centre, closer again to a garage/Spar. The houses are very spacious, more so than a newer build I would imagine and I know of at least one house that's vacant there to rent.

Been living in Millstream for a few years now and we're happy there, our kids like it too.

Aw we're almost neighbours! :D

Mam has always wanted to move into Milstream but I didn't want to move so we're staying put!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 clevercanines

Where ever you chose visit it a few times first & at different times of the day. Try get a better feel for the street.
    Not much help, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bazjnr

I'm living in Palace Fields, is nicely laid out and well finished, is safe and has access to the public park, leisure centre and is a 5 minute walk to town. just off the N17 its close to the Emo filling station and Mace shop too. Maybe i'm biased but i believe its the best place i've lived in tuam and thats the opinion of alot of people i've spoken too. Should be rentals here.

Advertisement