Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4 won't make or receive calls

• 24-01-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

but texts and data are working fine (vodafone.) I have over 18 euro credit also on it. any ideas please? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sweetie wrote: »
    but texts and data are working fine (vodafone.) I have over 18 euro credit also on it. any ideas please? :confused:

receiving calls intermittently now but still not able to dial out :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I am having the exact same problem and it only started on the day you posted this, it can't be a coincidence, anyone have a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Subber08

Did anyone find a solution to this problem???

I am having the same problem, bought it 2nd hand off adverts.ie. It's with Vodafone. Not reported lost or stolen. Will not make or receive calls 99% of the time. I called up Vodafone a few times about it, they did something over the phone and would then work again for one or two calls and stop again. I was told to bring it into a Vodafone shop for a sim and phone check if this continued to happen. So brought it into a shop and I was given a replacement sim, which worked when I made calls in shop so left feeling happy only for the same thing to start again. So brought it into another Vodafone shop, told them the story, they reactivated my old sim for my old nokia phone and said they were sending it off to be fixed/updated. Got a call a few days later from that store to say my phone was being sent back to them as it was out of warranty (I told them in the shop I bought it 2nd hand, was never asked about warranty). When I asked what could be done I was told that they don't fix iPhone 4 anymore???? I could pay 205 for a replacement??!!!! I do not want to pay 205 for a replacement for a 2nd handphone that only cost me slightly more than that price.

What are my options? Or how did other people sort this problem as I've seen from the Vodafone forum and boards.ie that other people have had the same problem woth iPhones and Vodafone?

Has anyone tried to get phone unlocked and move to another network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Apple will replace it for 160. Other than that there is not much you can do

• Advertisement

How is it possible that there is nowhere or no one who can fix the problem??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's probably broke and needs new parts. Nothing you can do other than replace them

Thanks. Just strange that sometimes I can receive and make phone calls and other times I can't??

Advertisement