Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CLOSED] Win a weekend for two at the energy efficient Maryborough Hotel & Spa, Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I would like to be in the arms of my husband. Life is hectic at the moment, between work, volunteering, family obligations and raising our kids... Sometimes we forget to find time for ourselves.

Would love a pamper weekend to relax, unwind and rekindle that lost spark... get it spark.. electricity...:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

In the arms of the previous poster's husband, he sounds lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

If I could be anywhere right now, I would go back to the moment that my partner booked me a trip away at Christmas for my birthday. I would go back to that moment to let him know that I was going to be sick and we would miss our long anticipated trip to Scotland. Hopefully this would save the heartbreak, substantial loss of cash and numerous apologies on my part. If I could repay him with a trip like this, which would come out of the blue in a cash strapped January I think that the dissapointment over Christmas could heal up a bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Surrounded by the people we love and who love us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'd like to be in the dining room at the Maryborough hotel with my ladyfriend who I currently only get to see 3-4 times a year due to her working for an Irish company abroad. We only seem to meet in hotel rooms and airports these days and a venue as splendid as the Maryborough would certainly enhance one of those rare occasions when we get to see each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Zurich

during the summer you can swim in the lakes and hike around, during the winter you can ski and snowboard. The trains run on time, everything just works.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JENNYWREN19

In Amsterdam, chilling out in one of the prosperous countries of Europe, like I did last summer when I still had one of them there job thingies....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

on a barge on the shannon tied up beside a country pub with a trad session going on having the craic with a few tourists,then going back to the boat to a few sod's of turf on the stove & a nightcap,bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Barbados.
    When there as a kid, a local greeted us with 'Welcome to the island of FUN!'

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There's a lively little bar in the Sierra Nevada Ski Resort where two beers costs €4.20 and comes with a plate of tapas. I'd like to be there enjoying the Áprés Ski with the local crowd and my girlfriend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Pipsie Pie

In the arms of my lovely boyfriend, in the tree house hotel in wonderful South Africa. Super glam and romantic but eco camping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Beaulieu

On the first tee somewhere with my family about to shoot my lowest score ever;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 joboots

Myself and my husband got married on the 27th Aug 2009, i would love to be back on honeymoon with him now in Las Vagas and San Fran, it was the best 3 weeks of our life yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brendancleary

In Taupo, North Island of New Zealand about to jump out of an airplane at 15000 feet, looking across at Mount Doom from Lord of the Rings, with my wife already a few thousand feet below...great memories from a great trip.....although particularly nervous at that particular instant :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

I would be in the bay of Thailand, 30 metres under the surface, swimming with turtles and manta rays.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

I'd love to be in Rome or Venice soaking up the culture :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭billbond4

On the Simpsons ride in Universal Studios in Orlando, Because it was the best amusement ride i was on ever and would love to go back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

I would love to be on the lost island, without the OTHERS. Seemed like a pretty eventful place!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

I would like to be home in cobh co cork on a sunny day watchin a liner in the harbour while having a beer. Peace and tranquility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Barnolan11

Lying on coogee beach in Sydney, in the sun chillin wit a beer!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

I would like to be somewhere that there are no radios, televisions, and the nearest politician canvassing is 1000 mile away....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Disneyworld as i would love to see my kids faces, they would be over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

On a beach in North Africa, reading a good book and chilled out....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

There's a bookstore I visited once in San Francisco called City Lights.
    Steeped in history, they are famed for publishing some of the most famous tomes of the beat generation. This is the only ongoing business to be named as an official historic landmark.
    I lost my watch there and despite City Lights bookstore's renown as a beacon of enlightenment and learning, they have not returned any of my mails. I really want that watch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

On a yacht sailing around the islands of the south pacific

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Back in my mothers womb where no one can harm me but condsidering thats impossible with my hubby in the Maryborough hotel in Cork would be just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Sitting on a beach in Perth, reading a good book, listening to music and enjoying the sunsine with my sister who lives out there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

At home, just chilling out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 marmurf

Snorkelling in the crystal clear hawaiin ocean as little nemo fish swim around me....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

right now I would love to be in castletownbere eating some fresh seafood washed down with a cold pint of the black stuff, looking out at the fishing boats and leaving all my troubles behind.

Or failing that.... I would have to go with sitting in La Floridita in the middle of Havana, sipping an ice cold Mojito.

Advertisement